Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to bleed the brakes on the Bullitt soon. I have never done it on this car before, but I know some cars can be kinda tricky to get the pedal to catch early after bleeding (even without getting any air in the lines). Anyone know if bleeding these calipers are a real chore or are they pretty straight forward as outlined in the Bullitt Archive? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
I am no big expert on brakes but I bled mine out when I installed stainless braided lines
and I flushed new fluid right through. I did it without speed bleeders and it was straight foward.

Word of warning do not drain the whole system. Bleed your brakes and pull new fluid through but I was warned
not to drain the system with our ABS.

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! Good note on the ABS English Bob, I never thought about that since I have never bled the brakes of a car with ABS before.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Bleeding brakes

I have speed bleeders and its a snap as a one man job. Still need some small tubing and a bottle to catck the old fluid in.

Before that I used a hand held vaccum pump bleeder, have to keep pumping to keep vaccum up to avoid air getting in but they work well also and its still a one man job.
The pumps are avail at most stores, I got mine at Auto Zone for about $25. They have all the tubing and a catch can for the fluid.

If you are just using the car on the street I recommend Valvoline syntech Dot 3/4.
Very good stuff and is very resistant to moisture. For track, I use Motul but it requires replacement every 2-3 months as its very hydroscopic

Dave

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
+1 for the vacuum bleeder. Very cheap in the States but hard to find over here and very expensive.
I bought mine in the States and brought it home with me, like most of the things for my car.............

·
Premium Member
6,218 Posts
two words: Speed Bleeders! Makes it soooo much easier. Just pump until it's clear. Oh, and you don't need 5 bottles of brake fluid, for those there when I bled MY brakes! I'm such a gullible dork! :py1:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts