Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have come to the conclusion that i am not going to build the motor that is in the car. I am going to pull it, Vortech/Motor/Tranny, and hold on to it incase i find a older stang, preferably a 67' fastback, or 68'Coupe to put it in. Now i have been looking into a certain built motor dealer called DSS. i know of a few people on here that have used them and would like their feedback. Second is what motor to get. i have narrowed it down to a few. now im building a Road and Track car so keep that in mind that i dont need 800 hp+ but would like one to have that cushin.

4.6SB3000-4V* SuperMOD 4.6 4V -0cc Flat Top

4.6SB3010-4V* SuperMOD 4.6 4V -10cc Max Quench

4.6SB3021-4V* SuperMOD 4.6 4V -21cc Max Quench

these motors all have:
Level 10 CNC Block

Main Support System

Pro-X Forged Pistons

4340 Forged H-Beam Rods

KPC Forged 8-Bolt Crankshaft

Improved Crank Oiling

ARP Main Studs / 2000 Rod Bolts

Fully Race Balanced & CNC Blueprinted

the difference is in the CC's

Now the also sell them with Heads which of these would be the best.

DSS racing Full Port
or
Ford Racing FR500 DOHC

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
I would PM OKCBULLITT and ask him about his experience with DSS. Punk Lancelot also has a DSS motor.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
5111 said:
I would PM OKCBULLITT and ask him about his experience with DSS. Punk Lancelot also has a DSS motor.
Thanks Dee, i couldnt remember who exactly had a DSS motor.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
ask around on modulardepot.com or a place like that. when 890 gets a new motor, its coming from vt engines. i think that is the only builder i've never heard an issue with. its just not worth saving a couple bucks to go with another company to me.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Don't know anything about DSS, but if staying NA and stock displacement, I would go with the flat tops (especially with DOHC heads)

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Yep, I have a DSS Pro Mod 4.6 pushing 499 rwhp. Motor is approximately three years old and has about 22K on motor. Runs strong and uses no oil, I am very happy with the motor and it's performance. It appears to be very stout for I drive it very hard. This is my second DSS motor and most likely not my last. Our shop (SWTuning)here in OKC has installed DSS motors in other customers cars and they too are working out very well and they are very happy with DSS. IMHO an excellent peformance motor for the money, you would be hard pressed to build the same motor yourself, provided you had a good machine shop avaialble, for even close to the money. A matter of fact we recommend DSS to our customers who want us to build them a motor. The quality and price is right and the turn around is much faster.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome guys thanks. i plan on staying forced induction with a 2.7L kenny bell. im hoping for a minimum of 600whp.

·
Registered
146 Posts
bullitt890 said:
ask around on modulardepot.com or a place like that. when 890 gets a new motor, its coming from vt engines. i think that is the only builder i've never heard an issue with. its just not worth saving a couple bucks to go with another company to me.
My rotating assembly came from VT (I put the engine together myself). I have no major complaints from them. Plus they have a forum on modularfords.com so getting ahold of them is easy.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
jinx44 said:
My rotating assembly came from VT (I put the engine together myself). I have no major complaints from them. Plus they have a forum on modularfords.com so getting ahold of them is easy.
how hard was it putting the motor together? i've never built a motor, so i'm curious. did you need any special equipment to do so? thanks

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
If you go forced induction, wouldn't you want to avoid the flat tops? I thought you'd want less compression with blown engines. I checked out their website, and don't see a mention of it, but the difference in cc's obviously means a difference in compression, but I wonder which of those you'd have to go with to run pump gas. If my motor ever does go south I will be looking into a DSS engine too, their prices are great compared to what I've seen elsewhere.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes i know know. if i went N/A i would go flattop but since im going to stay FI i need to know what CC and type piston to go with. DSS seems to be good but also look into VT like someone eles suggested.

·
Registered
672 Posts
last dss motor we put in for a guy had forged pistons and cast rods they called forged and a cast crank i think it was the super mod one it had there main girdle on it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts