Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you took you BULLITT to the shop did you have any mods? ex. short shifter, aluminum drive shaft or gears. I just received my tri-ax, I want to install it, but I am concern about getting the tranny fixed if something happens. Thanks.....

·
Registered
204 Posts
I actually had the dealer install my shifter when they replaced the shift fork. They said it would not affect the warranty. However, I'm taking my car back to the dealer on Monday because the 1-2 grind when cold is getting real bad. I had to skip from 1st to 3rd this morning because it wouldn't even go into 2nd. Something inside is still spinning when I step on the clutch and shift. I'm afraid something is going to grenade inside the tranny and cause more damage to the car. :sad:

·
Registered
144 Posts
I just brought my Bullitt back in the shop for the second time on the tranny. They tried replacing the fluid with an older style Mercuron (sp??) per Ford. didn't work. Ford has agreed to replace the entire tranny with a new one. Should have it mid next week. Total time fixing the tranny after next week will be about 2.5 weeks. :sad:

The dealership have been very good about this entire matter.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I specifically held off on installing the Tri-ax until I had the 1-2 syncro replaced. I'm debating whether to remove the aluminum DS when I take it in next month for the gear swap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts