Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To Whomever is interested,

I have played with the idea of taking some inspiration from the '68 fastback and modifying my Bullitt to more closely resemble its ancestor. My ideas were to replace the grill with a horseless one and remove the original hood and replace it with one that has venting details similar to the '68. These are details I thought I could enjoy without permanently modifying the car. The original grill and hood can always be reattached to the car.

However, I can find no websites or services to aid me in finding these kind of aftermarket parts. The closest I have come are fiberglass GT 500 hoods for late model 'Stangs and grills with horses that have no "cutout". Anyone know where I can get these kinds of custom parts?

Thanks

P.S. - I saw this guy driving a 98 'Stang in Southern Cal with custom "venting" over his quarter windows. Made the car look like a 60s fastback. Very cool and I think it would make the Bullitt even slicker, but I just don't want to add something that permanent...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've thought about removing the horse from the grill also, haven't really looked at it in detail yet. How is it attached? Would it be possible to just remove the horse or is it permanently attached to the grill? I thought I had read somewhere about cutting the horse off and then buying another Bullitt grill. Don't know if that would work or not.

Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
MFBullitt435,

I have look into the grill thing but have not found anything yet that I like. Alot of guys are getting the grill from grillcraft.com
As far as the hood...I like the '01 Cobra hood. You can get one at California Mustangs for $499 plus freight.
But the one I really really like is the Saleen S281C hood. It has twin reverse open scoops and looks very remeniscent of the '68 hood. Kinda pricey at $799 plus freight. I will be storing my car for the winter so I'll have lots of time to decide.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts