Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I went to the local ford dealer that stocks FRPP and other non Ford parts also (great guy and a Bullitt lover also that is looking for a TB to buy). I was asking about urethane bushings and he said he no longer sold them because everyone kept coming back complaining about squeaks and noises. My thought is to replace the end links, sway bar bushing and rack bushings with urethane. I have 2 questions has anyone had a problem with the squeaking issue and should I replace the spring insulators with rubber or urethane and I can see a lot of noise coming from that area.

Thanks in advance everyone. Also anyone know of a better place than maximum motorsports to order the above listed bushing?

I can get the above listed bushings spring isolators and a rear lower control arm bushing set all urethane for 144.00

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
I have the strut bushings, the end link bushings, and the swaybar bushings and no squeaks. Of course that might have something to do with the fact that they are still in my trunk (almost a year now).

I got mine from Steeda.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I never thought of doing it that way! Probably a lot easier on the back to leave them in the trunk than put them into the front suspension! Have you been able to tell if they made any improvements Dee?

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Yea they will squeak some but try and keep them greased up. Try to put a zerk fitting wherever you install them and you should be ok.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
If you get the black bushings they are graphite impregnated to reduce noise.
Also, apply a liberal caot of marine grease on install and a yearly lube job after that should keep noise to a near zero level.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I would like to know where you are getting your kit from?

I would love to purchase a full kit all at once and be done with it but I'm not having much luck... Where did you get yours or where are you planning on getting your Bushing kit from.

·
Car Whisperer
20,869 Posts
front sway bar bushings and end links are urethane...no issues.

·
Charles
13,300 Posts
steelfalcon29 said:
I would like to know where you are getting your kit from?

I would love to purchase a full kit all at once and be done with it but I'm not having much luck... Where did you get yours or where are you planning on getting your Bushing kit from.
Check Stang Suspension. Talk to Josh.

You get 5% off if you are a Corral or Stangnet member.

Great guys to deal with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts