Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, really, how much would you ask for me to drive it away from you today? I'd want more than I spent. It's got 1400 miles. It's not perfect (who's is?) but about as nice as they come.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I would not consider selling mine for less than $30K. I know that might not make sense to a lot of people but this car is special. I have only owned one other vehicle that gives me the feeling that the Bullitt does, and that was a 1974 Ford Bronco, I'll never forgive myself for selling that one.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I have to agree. I was ready to pay 29,830 for the cobra when I noticed the Bullitt. I wouldn't trade for a 2001 Cobra with the same miles now. So I guess it would need to be 30K+.. maybe 35K just because I know I could find another and pocket the difference. When the Bullits can't be found at ANY dealer it will prolly go up to about 40K, then I can take the difference and justify that new M3 tha was in the running.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I wouldn't sell mine right now unless I got a very rediculous offer. I bought a brand new 1971 Camaro Z28 (even picked it up at the factory and drove it 1500 miles home) and kept it for 2 years before selling it for family reasons. I regretted selling it to this day but I will not make the same mistake with the Bullitt. The Bullitt will be impossible to replace in a few years and I love driving the car (a lot more than the old Z28 by the way).

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
As for me.. In all honesty.. you couldn't. Not for what any sane person would be willing to pay anyhow. I've got a low build number.. This is my first Mustang and the one I fell in love with.
Let's say.. 220k hard plus enough to buy another brand new one and have it delivered before they're all gone.

Any takers?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Your immortal soul and a six pack!!!BlackBullitt#1768

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I was looking to buy a Cobra, but saw Black beauty sitting in between four other Cobras. I could not resist and bought her. Extremely happy, and I have NO intention of selling her. :smile:

·
Registered
835 Posts
Are you kidding!???? :lol:

If not I'm thinking of a number with lots of zeros following it to the left of the decimal point.

·
Registered
694 Posts
We also had gone to a dealership to buy a Cobra and didn't even see the Bullitt they had there (it was in the back because the dealership had a deposit on it from a prospective buyer). We went to another dealership to look around and they even started up the Green Bullitt they had in the show room so I could hear the motor/exhaust. It was in the showroom with the plastic on the seats and still dirty from being in transit. We then went to a third dealership who didn't have one but wanted to deal on the basis that if they could find one, we would buy it. Well, we bought it sight unseen and love it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
01GT, me tanks you should have gotten the message by now. Only the dealers will sell a Bullitt.:lol:

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Would sell #2276 for 57K. That way I could go down and buy another Bullitt AND the blue 2001 Cobra I drove, but decided on the Bullitt.

The 2001 COBRA was absolutely AWESOME. It was loud, faaaast and the top end power will give any factory Z28/Fbird fitt, but they make those every year, almost, and the Bullitt only this one time, hopefully. My thinking is that the Bullitt will be worth more in the long run.

Anyone wanting to make me an offer please respond before the 31st of this month so I can still get the 0% interest.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I'd only sell for the amount I have in the car. Then I'd run right out and buy another one at 0% interest. Every time I see one of those commercials I get a sick feeling in my stomach.

·
Banned
975 Posts
You would have to ask my Grandson, Justin in Boca Raton,Fl. I have put "MB 4875 " in my will to be given to him on his 21st Birthday. But that is in 19 years. Until then I will take very good care of this piece of American History.
:bullitt:

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
If anyone wanted to pay me $22500.00 cash for number 60 I would probably take it. Tomorrow or the next day I might feel differently. I unfortunely have a need to buy something like a Mercedes C class so I can take customers to lunch and stuff. My Bullitt is completely paid for and the title is here. I do love the car but I am struggling with practically. More than likely I will end up keeping it. That's why it's paid for.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If someone took me to lunch in a Bullitt, I'd be so much happier than drone-ing around in a lounge chair. I think that a Bullitt exudes a certain panache' that demonstrates that its owner has a mindset and creativity of his/her own.

Then again, I don't have to impress suits as part of my daily affairs.

I understand.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
I agree with what you are saying. I have been using the car for suit driving duties for the last 6 months and what you are saying is basicly true. There are just some communities that are more snooty than others. I must admitt many of my clients are in the Buckhead community of Atlanta. It seems like everyone drives a bimmer or a benz everytime I go visiting clients.

·
Registered
610 Posts
This car will probably go to one of granddaughters if she's interested of course. Oldest is 8. I rotate my cars (two years driving,two years off) so mileage isn't a problem.(96 Cobra has 11200). I'll probably get a 2004??? for the last Granddaughter.So far Bullitt has been my favorite Mustang since my first 65 coupe in 65.Yeah I know I need to get a life!

·
Registered
54 Posts
At this point in time I can't see myself putting my Bullitt up for sale. I just like everything about it. As for a price I would accept, well I think it would go to the highest bidder. I would have to know that whoever bought it would keep it as original as possible.

Anthony
TB #2979

1 - 19 of 19 Posts