Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First: I have applied 4 coats of ZAINO.. Is that enough for now??? Second: How often should i add a coat?? Last but not least: What should i use to clean all the plastic stuff in the car ie. Dash, Doors, Console. Thanks guys I love the forum because i always get fast answers

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I use Meguiar's Quick Interior Detail Spray to keep the interior looking nice. Not a big Zaino fan, so not sure if 4 coats is even necessary. As for how often, just throw a coat on when you think it needs it. It IS possible to wax a car too much, especially if using a carnuba type wax. The build up will actually cause a slight yellow tint and cause the paint not to appear uniform, IMO. In between waxings, I would recommend using a good QD like Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Detailer. I swear by that stuff!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Nate Johnson said:
A good rule of thumb on wax is once per quarter. On the interior, I use water to clean dirty spots. Don't put ArmorAll on your dash or it WILL crack.

Good luck and have fun!

Why will it crack? Been used on my Impala for 20 years, no cracks.

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
I stopped using Armour All because it turns yellow over time. I now use 303 Protectant. From what I've read, it bonds with the surface of any plastic and prevents oxidation. I don't use it on the dash because I don't want to increase gloss but it's great on the doors, console, tail lights and mirror covers, even the leather on the steering wheel.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Meguiar's has specifics products for (1) the plastic parts of the interior and (2) the leather parts of the interior. I use those. Don't forget to get a sun shield.

For the glass/mirrors I use auto Windex, but have to follow that with vinegar due to our hard water (as previously discussed).

Wal-Mart stores in Houston carry most of the Meguiar's products, and what is not there can be found at O'Reilly's Auto Parts.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
I could never understand waxing over wax, for my interior I am now using Poorboys World Natural Look. Almost no gloss, if that is the look you want. I like the no gloss look, leave it on longer or repeat process for more shine. For the black exterior plastic, (black cowl piece or mirrors) I use Mothers Protectant, better to me than back-to-black and lasts and lasts and lasts.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I bought the Griot's Garage kit priced at $199.00. With it I orderd the Machine Polish #4 which is used on new cars. It came with the clay bar, speed shine (quick detailing spray), the 2 different pads (1 for the polish, 1 for the wax), #3 polish, best of show wax, the random orbital buffer, the microfiber cloths for the polish & wax, the detailers handbook and an instructional dvd. I have used it on my 68 resto, the new Bullitt and my moms x-type Jag. It feel it is fool proof with no chance of screwing up the finish. The shine on all of the cars I have done is exceptional. Last night I went over the Bullitt with the Speed Shine and it looks super. If interested the kit# is 11119. The phone is 800/345-5789. These guys take their time and explain everything. Can't remember the last time I was this satisfied with a purchase except for the Bullitt #2718.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I use Meguiar's Gold wash and wax, along with a good claying every time I wax. Quick Detailer spray which I keep in my car removes bird poo, tree sap, etc. in between washings, and I wax and clay about once a quarter. I clay once a week during lovebug season. I keep Quick Interior Detailer wipes and spray in my car also.

·
Former Owner of 2001 DHG1557
841 Posts
With the Zaino, the more times you apply the higher the gloss factor, but 4 coats is plenty. If you wash it, you can use the gloss enhancer/detailer every once and a while afterwards (if you have nothing better to do) and it will continue to add depth to the finish. If it sits in the garage alot, I really don't think you need 4 coats and once or twice a year should be plenty to keep it looking nice.

I personally hate washing and detailing cars or SUV's so I don't do it any more than necessary, but I try to avoid the rain at all costs, and stay off of any type of road other than blacktop or concrete. :smile:

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've used just about everything including Zaino, so I tried a 5 year No Wax sealant called 5 Star Shine.
After a couple of months the finish looks like I just waxed it. Regular washing with a low ph soap like Meguire's once a week no waxing at all. I have tried lots of interior stuff too. For a low gloss finish that looks factery new you can't go wrong with "Back To Black" not sticky no residue either. :cool:

Here's the link to 5 Star my Bullitt is on the site.

http://www.5starshine.com/

:cool:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Meguiars quick interior detailer is my favorite for a no gloss finish, and it has a nice scent. Turtle Wax Ice complete interior detailer is a good no gloss cleaner also, but I don't care for the way it smells.

For the exterior, Meguiars NXT Tech Wax can't be beat. I use their ultimate quick detailer also every day or two to keep the car pretty. It sits outside 100% of the time (I have no garage :( ), and my Bullitt is show car clean almost every day. :)

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
This is Jeff not Gail!

The last thing I want to do is start ANY controversy over what wax is best. So the following is ONLY my opinion! I tried Mothers, Maguire's and Zaino. All three are VERY good products. I think the Zaino is the best and with my eyes on my cars gives the absolute best DEEP shine. Not to mention after you get past the first pain in the rear application (and it is a pain) it is the easiest to use! I love the stuff and it would take a LOT to get me to stop using it! Again as stated above just my opinion!

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
BobF I used Griot's Garage products for everything for a long time, the leather care is the best I have ever used, their car is great, their tire shine is perfect, the interior cleaner is the cats meow. The wax and polish is also great. I still use speed shine, purchase a gallon at a time. Rubber cleaner works very well. Went back to using Mothers Wax and cleaners. Still use the Griots for everything else.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.