Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
40,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short. Some guy told me not to use NuFinish (bright orange bottle) on the Bullitt, because it would harm the clearcoat. True or false?

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts
That's what Ken uses. Need to hear from him on it.
I've never tried it.
I've had a lot of good luck with Zaino.
All I'll use now.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Without having ever used Nufinish, I can tell you there are much better products to use.

I also use the Zaino line of products. It is a little more expensive initially, but because it lasts such a long time and you use it so sparingly the cost difference really is negligible.

·
40,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to all for the input. I'll refrain from using the NuFinish.

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
zaino warning:

if you ever use zaino, everything else will become a distant second. that stuff is slick and durable. i had dust all over my car from sitting in the carport. i took it out for a short romp, and no more dust. looks like i just washed and waxed it.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Zaino Z-CS for Ultimate Protection

From Zaino'web site' "For up to 9 months protection, use Z-CS to top coat Zaino Show Car Polish protectants, or use Z-CS by itself. You can even use Z-CS as a top coat to add high-gloss and improved durability to ANY other manufacturer's product. Z-CS extends the gloss and durability of any previously applied products."

·
Registered
44 Posts
+1 on the Zaino.....I haven't done the Bullitt yet, but I used it on my Cobra. It is great stuff.

The only thing I used Nu-finish for was an old patrol car. It lasted a long time, but I wouldn't touch any of the Mustangs with it.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
tigerhonaker said:
Jim,

This is what I have on the Bullitt as I type this.

Also used Micro-Fiber-Cloths to REMOVE this after it sat for at least 1-Hour after Application.

tigerhonaker
Yep, this is what we use on our two Mustangs. Incredible results, easy application and the finish is superior. And, yes, ONLY use Microfiber clothes, nothing else!

Applied after washing the vehicles with Meguiar's Gold Class shampoo & conditioner. After applying the NXT Generation TechWax 2.0, subsequent washings is very easy resulting in a bright, shiny finish. Great stuff!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Meguiars NXT

I use NXT as well, and have been very happy with the results. As was previously mentioned, give it sufficient time to dry. True of most Meguiars products. Also use the Meguiars Quick Detailer between waxings, and it helps to maintain that freshly-waxed look and it leaves the finish very slick which makes bug, sap and tar removal a snap. Good for touch ups during car shows if car attacked by birds or sticky fingered humaniods.:mad: Just spray and gently wipe:smile:

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Arkady001 said:
Yep, Meguiars for me also, though I use the solid NXT wax for major polishes

and Ultimate Quick-Detailer for the after-drive wipe-downs...
Rob,

I have not tried that yet but I think if I can remember I will get some and try it out.

tigerhonaker

·
Premium Member
18,865 Posts
StvMcQueen said:
Long story short. Some guy told me not to use NuFinish (bright orange bottle) on the Bullitt, because it would harm the clearcoat. True or false?
Seriously, I doubt it would harm the clearcoat. I used NuFinish (pictured below) on my 2003 CVPI (also pictured below) and it did not harm the clearcoat from what I could tell. I was a little disappointed regarding the durability of NuFinish, however. It lasted for maybe a week or two at best...but then again my 2003 CVPI was parked outside 100% of the time and was not covered.

·
40,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Cochese said:
Seriously, I doubt it would harm the clearcoat. I used NuFinish (pictured below) on my 2003 CVPI (also pictured below) and it did not harm the clearcoat from what I could tell. I was a little disappointed regarding the durability of NuFinish, however. It lasted for maybe a week or two at best...but then again my 2003 CVPI was parked outside 100% of the time and was not covered.

Not surprised. If it sounds too good to be true... Hey, isn't that Col. Steve Austin running with the orange bottle? :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Haven't used NuFinish before, but i stick with the Meguiars Synthetic Sealant 2.0 and Griot's Garage products. The Synthetic Sealant is $42/half gallon, but the shine lasts a long time. Depends on what you like too.

·
40,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just my luck...

Well, boys & girls, I opted for the Meguiar's NXT 2.0 liquid. It did a good job, although it was a little harder to wipe off and polish than some of you led me to believe (unless it was just "old age" rearing its ugly head). Buffed it out to a glistening gloss, got ready to head to the weekend cruise-in one last time. Sun was shining, birds were chirping... Halfway there, an ominous black cloud twice the size of Texas shows up, blots the sun, and cold wind begins to blow. Get there, and only a handful of "die-hards" are there. A '55 Olds, the perpetual '49 Ford Crestliner, a gaggle of vintage Vettes, an SR-197 Mustang GT, and me. We shake hands, wish each other a "happy" winter, and off we go. To Bob's Big Boy with wife and granddaughter. Halfway there, it begins to mist, then dribble, then RAIN LIKE HE**! Good news? The Meguiar's beads really great.
:clap2:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.