Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone...Well..after 4 months of glorious driving with my 4th Mustang..(The Bullitt) it came to an end around 145pm Dec. 8th, 2001!!! I brought it in for new brake pads! As I went to pick it up from the dealer after being serviced, one of the Ford technicians crashed it!!! He test drove it after the pads were put in, and obviously got carried away by driving this beautiful machine and crashed into another car..(His Fault obviously)..After severe interrogation from me, he said he was going a little over 35 mph.....I DO NOT THINK SO...He was going uphill first of all...and if any BULLITT owner saw what my car looks like now they would agree with me that he was going over 60mph...
So, needless to say, I was very livid and ticked off...But I will call my lawyer this week and make the dealer's life a living hell!!!
I will keep everyone updated...What really bothers me is that I did a lot of research on this car before I bought it..and I was very proud to be a BULLITT owner...If anyone is in the Jersey area with their Bullitt....do not let a guy named Aldo drive your car...Thanks for letting me vent.....
Any other SUGGESTIONS??????

·
Registered
164 Posts
Oh man! I'm very sorry for your loss! :cry:

Question: I take it the dealership is liable for the car, right?

I would also get them on the case immediately to find me another Bullitt ASAP! There might still be one out there and I would make them find it for me.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Sorry about your loss. Since it's the dealer's fault, I feel they should sh*t you another Bullitt in a big damn hurry!

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
That kind of behavior by technicians is unacceptable. I think he deserves to be fired. These kind of stories p*ss me off! :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Man that sucks.. It's stories like this that have me dreading ever bringing my car into the dealership for anything.
Hopefully they'll track you down a new Bullitt as they're are grossly negligent and completely and utterly at fault.
Good luck and let us know how it goes!

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
You convinced me!!! No more dropping it off to the dealer and TRUSTING them. I picked mine up the other day from it's first service and it has at least 50 mor miles on her. hmmmmmm. Problem is who to blame, them or the body shop which it was at. I have to take it back to get the paint job redone, I'll be driving it to the body shop this time and leaving a note on the car.

·
Registered
533 Posts
It hurts to hear this Bullitt33. My condolences for your loss. But now....Prority 1..Find A New Bullitt. Priority 2... Change Dealerships. They don't deserve your business.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey You Guys are Ok in my book,.....Yes the dealership is ultimately at fault...... You think you bring in a car for service, that it would get taken care of...But what do they care?? Its not their car right?????
Do you guys really think there is another BULLITT out there??? Hey, maybe I can get a T-bird out of the deal too....haha

·
Registered
360 Posts
So sorry to hear of your loss. I don't know if you'll find a new Bullitt anywhere but I would sure make them try. Make 'em kiss your ass as much as you can. And I hope that Bozo that wrecked your car gets fired too. :evil:

·
Registered
821 Posts
I'm SO very sorry......man, how many Bullitts does this make now? Is it just me, or are they dying at an alarming rate?? I've never known anyone besides myself to even BE in a crash and it's been 7 years since my last one......so, it just seems these Bullitts are biting the dust too often.

Again, I'm SO sorry to hear about your loss, I'm hurting for you as I'm sure we all are as we love our beautiful machines!

I'm with everyone who says, that dealer owes you and BIG TIME!! If it were me, I wouldn't stop until I had a new car and some cash for pain and suffering as you are in pain and you are suffering, I'm sure of it. Please keep us posted.

You're in my prayers!
Bubbles

·
Registered
111 Posts
hey what dealership was it. I live in north jersey, morris county and i sure as hell don't want a smashed up stang. Sorry to hear about it and good luck finding a new bullitt or other car.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Man that just sucks. No other words to explain it. I would sue, no I would beat the driver then sue him and the dealer. I would also find another dealer to do a search of all Ford dealers to see if by chance any new Bullitts are left. Good luck and make them pay dearly. :evil:

·
Registered
451 Posts
My god! That's terrible.

Side note: I'd sue then beat the driver. You beat him first I'm thinking it might hurt your court case a little. :wink:

Joe

·
Registered
59 Posts
I would sue them not only for the value of the car but the projected collectable value. Go back and research the percentage increase in value of other significant historical cars and apply that factor to your sticker. Just think about a '68 GT500KR that sold for 4000 and is worth a little under a hundred grand now. What if one of those had been wrecked by a dealer back in 68? Or what about a 55 T-bird one of the 427 stangs? The car is worth way more than the 25,000 or so sticker price. Make them pay out the a$$ or replace it with a new Bullitt with plastic still on the seats. Settle for no less than something starting with SVT in the worst case scenario.

DHG #2325

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
Unbelievable.

So sorry for your loss, 33.

I've never told anyone EVER to sue...but this is hands down LAWYER material.

Good luck.

-Treva

·
Registered
100 Posts
Unreal how people can totally disrespect others property. I am truly sorry to hear about that. I'd tell the dealer to cough up a Roush Stage III and bill hisself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey ALL.....I like the idea of a supercharged Saleen....haha!!! On the day this happened...Luckily I took pictures...Now, they have it in the body shop....covered up..So, thank God I took the pictures from every angle...I told them, That THIS is not my car! I told the dealer, Congratulations you have just bought that car!!! I will try to post the pics when I get the chance...
OH BY THE WAY...THE GUY WAS FIRED!!!
Anyway..either they find me a new True Blue Bullitt with 0 miles on it...or I will have my pic of what I want.....
(It was not a dealer in Morris County..by the way....So you are clear....haha
I thank everyone for replying...I like how we Bullittheads stick together...

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
That's sounds like good news! Usually firings are not good news, but in this case, that guy should be banned from anything having more HP than a lawnmower. He deserved it. Good luck finding another Bullitt!! Maybe you could get a Cobra R outta them... :lol:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts