Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again! I just joined the site and thought I'd share my first race story. I was down in Jacksonville, NC visiting a friend and where I think they breed GT's. They're everywhere. Anyway, seeing how the Bullitt is fairly rair everyone and their brother wanted to race me. Me and a bud happened to be headin to the store when a pimped out GT (jacked up, MT on the back, side exhaust, etc.) pulled up alongside and wanted to race. From a roll, I downshifted into second, stomped on the gas, and walked away from him like he wasn't even there. He was hanging a right turn before I even hit 4th! :smile: At this time I only had the car for 2 weeks with 800 miles on it. It's running much stronger now, plus I've added a K&N filter and removed the silencer. It's got a great sound above 4,000 like the old 4 barreled carbs. My first car had a Holly 600 w/high rise and this sounds much nicer. We also raced a Honda Civic VTECH while in my friends Mustang. I'll tell you what, we got SMOKED by that civic like we were going in reverse! Come to find out the guy was supercharged and running NO2! My friend and I still came to the conclusion that no matter how fast those cars are they will NEVER be considered a muscle car!! That's my story and I'm sticken to it.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I had to read that twice because I thought you mistyped. I thought you said, "We smoked by that Civic like we were going in reverse." LOL then I thought you typed "we were" instead of "he was" by accident.

It took me several readings of that sentence to understand that you were TRYING to say you got beat by that Civic! :eek:

Then I read the rest and saw the sad truth! But at least it took him a blower and nitrous to do it! :grin:

Joe

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DHG-1934 on 2001-08-25 08:15 ]</font>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts