Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned #3148 for about three months now and absolutely love it. I noticed a few weeks back that the rack and pinion was leaking. Decided today to take it in and have ford look at it. Man I am glad I got the extended service plan because it need replaced and I guess it is like 6 hours of labor to complete! The service plan has paid for itself already. I read this site alot and you guys are good stuff, I have learned alot and hopefully I will have pics sometime soon.

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Welcome aboard and definately get some pictures posted!!!! John R :smile:

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Welcome to the best Mustang Forum on the web Jeff. How many hours labor? I took 2180's off to install the urethane bushing and it didn't take anywhere near 6 hours. I am not saying it was easy but no where near 6 hours.

·
Premium Member
981 Posts
I had mine replaced last month. The heat killed the seals for sure. The rack itself is about 450. well that's what it cost my mechanic. I guess Ford usually charges 600 plus for it. I also had the rear shocks replaced. total price...$650...Ford wanted 1000 just for the rack and pinion...luckily my mechanic is one of my good friends.

the alignment does have to be redone along with balancing the tires...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts