Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found out today that the shake I was feeling was the steering rack.The part was ordered today and should be here tomorrow.I can't believe this with only 1400 miles.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is a trade something I should consider this early in the game?Or am I just paranoid?I really like this car alot but I can do without these issues.

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
badasbullitt said:
Is a trade something I should consider this early in the game?Or am I just paranoid?I really like this car alot but I can do without these issues.

As long as you have the warranty, I would keep it. You'll lose a lot trading it in at this point, even if you were one of those lucky bastards that bought it for a song.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
badasbullitt said:
I think you are just paranoid.
Have you had a lot of other issues?
If you spend time doing a bit of research on new car problems you'll find they ALL have something. That might make it seem less of an issue with yours. Mercedes in the last few years has had more than their share, on cars that costs much more than ours.

Some of us will have zero problems, others a few. Thankfully we have a good warranty.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Even Toyota and Honda have gone off of Consumers Reports automatically recommended list of cars as they have been struggleing with the quality and value issues the past couple of years. The Mustang is actually one of the higher quality builds offered at the moment. Basically, there is not much out there better to go to. Nevermind the beating your going to take should you jump ship.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just hate have something brand new with a problem.Yea a trade would be ridiculous at this point.If there is a positive at least it happened now as opposed to after the warranty expires.At least I have time to see if this problem reoccurs. Thanks for the inputs.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
All parts are not made perfect. Some fail, you are lucky your failed so soon.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
badasbullitt said:
If you like and want the car I wouldn't trade it for the simple reason who knows if you would be trading it for a whole host of other problems? ALL the manufacturers have their lists of various problems with given models, mustangs included.

Whenever I have something like that replaced under warranty I look at it this way: it's done, now I have one less thing to be concerned about going wrong. If it's fixed right the first time or even the second time, I'm fine with it and good to go. Where I become 100% disjointed is when I have to keep having the same thing repaired over and over because either they refuse to address the root problem or they are just incompetent.

P.S. I didn't trade the '06 because of the steering rack, but because it had severe water damage and water leak issues I was not aware of when I bought it (used, NEVER again). I only owned it for 4 months. Lesson learned: if it smells like mold, it IS mold. Duh.

And of course because I HAD TO HAVE a Bullitt :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MustangLynda said:
If you like and want the car I wouldn't trade it for the simple reason who knows if you would be trading it for a whole host of other problems? ALL the manufacturers have their lists of various problems with given models, mustangs included.

Whenever I have something like that replaced under warranty I look at it this way: it's done, now I have one less thing to be concerned about going wrong. If it's fixed right the first time or even the second time, I'm fine with it and good to go. Where I become 100% disjointed is when I have to keep having the same thing repaired over and over because either they refuse to address the root problem or they are just incompetent.

P.S. I didn't trade the '06 because of the steering rack, but because it had severe water damage and water leak issues I was not aware of when I bought it (used, NEVER again). I only owned it for 4 months. Lesson learned: if it smells like mold, it IS mold. Duh.

And of course because I HAD TO HAVE a Bullitt :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the reassurance.I new this was a dream car for me from the beginning.I even had the invisible bra installed without even thinking about it.That should tell you that I had no plans of getting rid of her.You are all right saying every car has it problems.It just felt bad to have a car in the shop so soon with so little miles.

Hell I had 2 cylinder head gaskets go bad a year apart in my 01 Bullitt.Now that was scary but even then I held on to it until the 08 came out.Of course it was used with 19K miles.Thankfully I had extended warranty.

Thanks again everyone for the positive feedback .And yes I will ride it out .My service dept. has always taken very good care of me in the past.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Every car has it's issues. Hell, we just had an 08 Super Duty that needed a tranny overhaul after 1,200 miles!! Things happen, that's what the warranty's for.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts