Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if anyone else has had the same problem with their Shaker radio. I am on my third one. It seems the iTrip module is causing the radio to stop working. iTrip is the device that allows your iPod to display it's functionality on the radio screen.

I was advised by my local dealership Service Manager that the iTrip is installed offsite from the factory and the wiring colours on the iTrip don't match the radio wiring. I am not sure if that is the root cause, but would like to know if anyone else has had similar problems.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
I don't have iTrip but this is the first I've read of this problem.

I didn't know iTrip required a ship through code for installation?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Radio Problems - Pt. 2

No solution to the radio/iTrip problem I am having, however the dealership service dept is doing a work around with the existing radio, so I can at least have the AM/FM CD functionality in the interim. They have ordered a new shifter console, (they scratched it badly when installing the 1st new radio) and will wait to install it after they figure out how to fix it correctly.

If anyone else has this problem with th iTrip module or a faulty radio, I would love to hear about it.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Yes, I am an old foggy who doesn't even own a CD to put in his factory radio. (I can only assume the CD player works.) For us grey haired TECHNO challenged, what the heck is an iTrip???? Thanks for the education.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
iTrip

The iTrip module,as it was explained to me by my dealership Shop Mgr. allows an iPod MP3 player to play the stored music as well as display the text, (including artist name, and album title). It takes a bit of getting used to using unless you are a competant iPod user (which I find has a learning curve). It has caused nothing but trouble and I still have to go back to get it re-installed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
scoe i also have triptunes with my 500 shaker,i have no problems.If you have the 1000 shaker the Ford accessories catalog states it is not compatible.Hope this helps out

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
Dump the iPod and buy a Zune. :tongue:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Radio Problems - Pt. 3 The Final Chapter

I was finally told by the dealership that yes, the Shaker 1000 is not compatible with the iTrip Module and they will remove it and give me my $250 back. I am in discussions about why it took them so long to discover this and as such wasted so much of my time with having to bring it back so often.

They said the USA iTrip instructions state that it is not compatible but the Canadian version does not.

I had use of the iTrip/iPod for 3 months and it worked flawlessly.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
j maty said:
scoe i also have triptunes with my 500 shaker,i have no problems.If you have the 1000 shaker the Ford accessories catalog states it is not compatible.Hope this helps out
You mention Triptunes, he says iTrip. Is there a difference?

·
Registered
930 Posts
I'll be buying one of these for mine - the AAFES dealer said he couldn't order it when I bought my car as it wasn't listed as an option on his drop-down menu (I confirmed that by looking over his shoulder) even though it was an option on the Ford website...I just have to buy it seperately, ship it over and hope my (German) Ford delaer can sort it out - if not there are a few very good car-audio places near me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts