Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if you have to remove the centre trim part of the dash, around the heater controls etc, in order to remove the headunit and if so how?
I'm sure it's the same model that was in our Lightning which has key holes either side but I can't see any on this or do they appear once the trim's removed.
Can't imagine you'd have too but not sure how the radio comes out if not
Thanks

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Yes it just pops right off just be carfull around the vents they tend to stick up there. There is now key holes just some allan head screws it takes like 2 min to get it out.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a small attempt at seeing how the trim came off and it seemed that the top part has to come away quite far for the vents to become clear, it also looked to be tucked in at the bottom in a way that would have to be lifted up at the same time, does the bit around the gear lever have to come off first?
The thing is if I'm not certain I'm scared of pulling at things to much incase a lug or tab breaks off.
is there a certain way that it has be removed

·
Registered
238 Posts
1. Take shifter knob off
2. Remove cigarette lighter
3. Pull up on the trim around the shifter to remover shifter assembly
4. unplug cigarette lighter harness
5. To remover radio trim, firmly pull trim towards you to release the clips (work from bottom to up) *There are about four clips holding it.
6. Unplug traction control, defrost, and fog light harnesses (Remove radio trim)
7. remove the two bolts to take out the radio

Done.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did all that and it worked great, simple when you know how, thank you
It is different set up to the one in the Lightning, no key holes etc, however I'm dissapointed in the 'Scosche' dash installation kit on this one, the way it fits, just by the two screws at the bottom while the top part just seems to be hanging there in mid air with nothing to secure it, may look into some different ones if there are any
Another problem is I have now damaged my gear knob, it was on that tight I had to use grips and couldn't protect it enough
Does anyone know where to get replacement ones from?
Had a quick look on Ebay but there doesn't seem to be any, is it a Ford only part?
Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Stereo

How do you upgrade the stereo? Can you add subs or change the speakers and still use the mach 460 amps for the speakers and add a bigger amp for the subs? I want to upgrade the stereo but have no idea if I will have to replace the whole set up. Anybody? #0

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts