Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
4P09?

Wow.. did I miss a post on Pilot Production numbering?

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Maybe something of an executive car? Pilot production cars are PP. Maybe it stands for 4P09 = For Personal 09 or 9th person in Ford Executive suites to order one...:confused:

Just a S.W.A.G.

·
Banned
978 Posts
Maybe it's a typo.

:py2:

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
I'd agree to that except that the "4" is on the left side of the key board, and the "P" is on the right side. So, if your saying they typo'd the first character, that is a mess. I think that car is special on a different level than what we are thinking about inside of this sandbox. We need to get out of the box and consider other ideas, eh what?

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
I posted this a few months back ..the car at the Vancouver international auto show was 4P02

funny how 4P02 has a higher vin number then 4P09

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
I notice that the drivers seat has a big bump. Also the vin (123823) is very low. One of the first produced?

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
DavidMidgley said:
Vary nice deal in any case. Starting at $15K. That is rare.
well yes, but on a Reserve so that doesn't mean much.

Weren't the other 'PP' cars that have been on eBay also at Ohio dealers?

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Bullitt 736 said:
Yeah but the Buy It Now price is $28.5k and the miles are only 60.
yes $28.5 is a nice price.

I wonder though what Ford did with this car for 60 miles? Could be 60 simple miles, could be 60 extremely hard miles.

any way it is a unique car for someone

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
RCSignals said:
yes $28.5 is a nice price.

I wonder though what Ford did with this car for 60 miles? Could be 60 simple miles, could be 60 extremely hard miles.

any way it is a unique car for someone

Maybe they tested the rev limiter with this one. :lol:

·
Registered
419 Posts

It was probably 240 of the fastest quarter mile runs this car could handle :eek:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Carfax

calls it as registered into street service on 11-13-07 as a corporate fleet vehicle. On 7-09-08 it was sold at auction with 48 miles on it. referred to on that notation as a manufacturer vehicle. no other data offered.
the dealer in the ad kinda lies as they say they bought it directly from Ford when in effect they bought it off auction. While it obviously did originate from Ford as some kind of demo unit they still bought it at auction which explains the used status and reasonable price. they no doubt paid less than typical new invoice.
interesting number though. Gonna be a rare bonus for someone as I suspect it will probably be worth more than the production run Bullitts simply out of the notion that its technically part of a pre production pool of cars which probably didn't number an excessive quantity. To me having one of these would be even better than having one in the first 50.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts