Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what I'm seeing on this & the BON forum, the True Blue Bullitt seems to be considerably rarer than the others. Anybody here order it without the Mach 460? I'll bet that turns out to be the rarest of the bunch.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
i think you're probably right BUT there aren't too many blacks either

·
Registered
959 Posts
I have seen 4 Bullitts in Houston so far, one DHG in a dealer lot and 3 black ones including mine.... :smile:

Brian

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
I still have not seen a True Blue in my area yet or at a dealer. I have seen black on the road and I know of two other DHG's (one is a buddy of mines and the other is Bob's), but no blues. I still do not get the blue option, but it is a nice blue indeed. I can't wait to see how the final production totals look on these cars.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I own a black one...only one I've seen...all the rest I've seen are DHG.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
A friend of mine has a Blue Bullitt, It's really a great looking car. Acording to an article in Mustang Times Art Hyde said that 49% where DHG, 35% are black and the remaining are the Blue ones. So in the future the Blue Bullitt looks to be the rareist car.
He also said Team Mustang didn't want to do any color but DHG but selected dealers inputed to Ford that to make target sales they would need 3 colors. DHG was a given Black was easly picked. But it was hard to pick between Blue and Silver. Blue was finally picked because of dark color won over the lighter color, and Blue is closer to vision the team wanted for the car.
But wouldn't it been cool to have a silver Bullitt, makes me want crack open a cold one.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To further add to the "rareness" factor, I wonder if anyone has sent their Bullitt to Saleen? I suppose it's possible, but I haven't heard of anyone doing that.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I have a True Blue Bullitt with the Mach 460 in it. I have not seen any Bullitt's at all where I live. It feels very good driving around town in such a rare car. It feels even better when you drive next to a regular, everyday Mustang GT/V6 Coupe.

Also, I am sure the green looks good (I haven't seen one) but the True Blue looks very sweeettt!! I love this car very much. I also have a 2002 Trans Am Ram Air. Man o man, I have fun every single day.

By the way, I just joined this site today and I am enjoying it very much.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Well I have a True Blue one and was also able to get it without the Mach 460...
I want to listen to the car not the radio.

:lol:
Ell

·
Registered
255 Posts
#4456 is a True Blue WITHOUT the mach 460. I wish i would have gotten it though to drown out the sound of this annoying ticking that the car makes.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I've seen 2 black Bullitts in the Austin, San Marcos, Tx areas and no DHG or Blue ones.

Welcome to the club DantheMan.

·
Registered
822 Posts
In my town there is one of each. Mine being the Black one. I tried to get a blue..but then I found a black one and liked the meanness of the black car over the others. The down side..there is not a worse color to have. Sucks to clean, care for etc. Retrospect..never buy a black car. Even though I do love it..but for care purposes..it sucks.. :smile:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Believe me, keeping DHG presentable is no picnic! :sad: My girlfriend's black VW stays clean longer.

Joe

·
Registered
437 Posts
Thanks for the welcome DonWill. It's great to see what other Bullitt owners have to say and to be able to chat with them.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I don't think any True Blue Bullitts made it to New Enland. I've never seen one in the flesh.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bullitt220 on 2001-11-01 15:49 ]</font>

·
Registered
165 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-01 15:47, bullitt220 wrote:
I don't think any True Blue Bullitts made it to New Enland. I've never seen one in the flesh.
I seen one at Rizzo Ford in N.Providence for sale when I bought mine.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bullitt220 on 2001-11-01 15:49 ]</font>
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have seen so many bullitts it is ridiclous!!! I think it is like 12 just driving around. My neighbor brought home a DHG the same day I brought home # 2968. my car is blue and I have only seen 1 other tru blu one, one black one, and the rest DHG.

·
Registered
111 Posts
2964 is True Blue without the Mach 460 as well. I haven't missed the Mach 460 as I usually have the windows down listening to the exhaust note. Now that it's getting cold, though, I'll see if I really miss not having it.... there's always the after-market :wink:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts