Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just FYI, anyone having a squeek and or rattle which seems to come from the passenger C-pillar area (if your driving) or from the read over your left shoulder (if you're the passenger)...I have the solution. I found that if you put down the back seat you will see a plastic tab with a bolt through it. I believe it is the housing for the rear speakers and amplifiers. I would get a terrible sound if I pressed on this tab because of a small nipple of plastic that protrodes fro the back of the tab through a hold in the metal the tab is bolted to. You'll know what I mean when you see it. If your's squeeks or sounds like a rattle when you press it with your finger then this sound will happen when the top of the back seat moves against this plastic tab. Took me two weeks to find this, I though my passenger belt tensioner on the rear C-pillar was rattling. Hope this helps if anyone has the same. If not, then maybe it will help in the future. :smile:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Any chance you can post pics of what you're talking about? I get a little creak on accel and decel from that same area.

also, you described the problem, but never the solution to the problem

2001 DHG Bullit #4719
Densecharger
1995 Laser Red GT
K&N Filter

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gibscreen on 2001-10-15 22:17 ]</font>

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yes I had that too. Mine sounded like it was comming from the passenger side too. Ended up being my headrest on the passenger side rattling fully lowered it rattled against the seat belt. I raised the headrest 1" and no more noise! :smile: . Don't know if it's the same noise, try it if similar!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah yes, the solution. What you are looking at in this picture is the top of the opening to the trunk area with the passenger rear seat down as seen looking out the back window. I apologize for the flashlight lighting techniques in my dim garage. The brightest part of the flashlight is focused on the bolt and plastic tab. Notice the dark spot just to the right of the most brightly lit part, this is where the plastic nipple used to go thru this hole in the metal. Further to the right you will see the two pieces of metal which form the latch for the passenger rear seat. I tryed to use a screw driver to pry the plastic away from the metal and accidentally ended up breaking off part of the tab. Problem solved...no more squeek. It's hidden by the back seat so who cares. To test yours just press on this tab with your thumb a few times if it makes noise use my solution of come up with a less destructive approach (rubber, WD-40, etc.)

Black Bullitt #3651

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BLKBLIT on 2001-10-16 01:10 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BLKBLIT on 2001-10-16 01:11 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BLKBLIT on 2001-10-16 01:14 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BLKBLIT on 2001-10-17 01:44 ]</font>

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay after much screwing around I figured out how to post pictures reliably. Here is the JPEG I meant to post in the previous message.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts