Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had #1706 in for repairs. The rear transmission seal was leaking badly and had to be replaced. Mechanic discovered one bolt missing on the intake manifold, up front, left side. Plus bolt missing on the L-bracket, top of intake plenum, plus BOTH front wheel bearings are seeping and need to be replaced. I noticed grease like substance on my rims and questioned it. If any of you see anything other than brake dust on your rims, get the bearings checked.

·
Registered
168 Posts
W.C.
Thanks for the info. Mine had a few dribbles when new, rear trans seal, fine now. Have to look at the intake and L bracket, is it the one that holds the part that's ripping the hood liner? Did your front brakes "sweak alot when braking?"
Thanks Again

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Thanks for the update. I have an Oil Leak and it is pooling up under my Intake. Ford it taking the car back Thursday to fix it.

Hopefully it's just something loose, besides the loose nut behind the wheele;-)..

Back to driving that FAST 1990 red(Pink) toyota 4x4 of mine<G>.

Take care.

http://www.sonic.net/budacad/bullitt/bullitt.htm

·
Registered
959 Posts
I had a lot of grease from the front wheel bearings when I first got the car. It appeared to me that they were just over packed with grease. I cleaned off the excess and have had only an odd spot or 2 show up on the front wheels since.

Brian

·
Registered
269 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-02 11:10, FordBullitt wrote:
I had a lot of grease from the front wheel bearings when I first got the car. It appeared to me that they were just over packed with grease. I cleaned off the excess and have had only an odd spot or 2 show up on the front wheels since.

Brian

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Same with me!

Mark

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
svtoa,
Yes, you have the right L-bracket pegged. Also, the brakes did squeak quite a bit when new but have quieted some. Still do occassionally, but I think it's something we have to live with. 3000mi. on this unit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts