Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am ready to have some larger exhaust tips installed and in checking through some threads it looks like most folks here like the 3.5" brushed rolled tips from MRT. I am going to give them a call but was wondering if anyone had 3.0" tips and if they like them. I am not even sure the 3.0" ones exist.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Yep, stockers are 3". I didn't want to pay the $ for the MRT tips, so I bought some Magnaflow 3.5" SS rolled tips for $60. They look just like the Bullitt ones minus the brushed look. Problem is that now that same place wants $60/each for the tips! So looks like MRT is the best bet.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I will order the 3.5" ones from MRT.

·
Car Whisperer
20,785 Posts
Got mine from Chicane Sport Tuning, brushed, rolled and bigger. Not sure if they still sell them or not.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Read me like a book.

Bullitt 736 said:
Are all of these mods to sell the car or quell that new car craving???? :lol:
Yep, that's certainly part of it. Easy to think about spending 2-3 thousand (e.g. exhaust tips, aluminum driveshaft, maybe even 4:10 gears, possible transmission rebuild, etc.) to have the car the way I really want it. It also helps that I have found a mechanic I trust (he is the guy with the Terminator and is really a Mustang nut) to do most (not the transmission rebuild) of the work. I was driving the B around Tallahassee and I really love the car so want to make a few changes to enhance it. Also took the 98 GT out this weekend and it just such a great car. Hard to think about really parting with either. Only way I would do it is to get the 500. This could happen within the next two years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts