Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed that the rear deck lid is a little misaligned and was wondering how difficult it is to get it aligned. It seems that the rear deck lid is push over to the left when you look at it from the rear. The panel with the BULLITT badge sits right next to the left rear lights. It actually touches the lights, leaving a bigger gap on the right side lights.

Is this something that I could do on my own? and has anyone had any experience aligning the rear deck lid? If so, what all involved in it? I was thinking about buying a repair manual for the Mustang as an aid to do it.

Thanks for the help,

Mike
DHG #3463
San Ramon, CA.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
You'd be money ahead to have this fixed under warranty. If they screw it up, they have to fix it, if you mess up,.......guess what?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I had a similar problem with 220. It turned our to be a bent hinge. Check your trunk hinges. They can be carefully pounded out with a rubber mallet. Otherwise they'll have to replace the hinges and if you look at the way they attach to the body it can be a messy job as they are covered with some kinda leak proofing goop and then painted over.

Let the dealership do it. They did mine and dented the fender but were able to get a Dent Wizard to fix that.

...It's always something.:smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bullitt220 on 2001-11-12 13:22 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I have the same problem but it's really not noticeable unless it's called to your attention. I figure it's best to keep 2759 away from the dealer unless absolutley necessary. Could end up coming back with more issues than it went in with.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have a similar problem, but it's my hood and drivers side fender that is misaligned. The dealer is sending my car to the body shop to fix it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts