Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How the hell do you replace the rear deck speakers...
I'm replacing the front door speakers, and the rear deck speakers with new Polk speakers. The front was easy, but how do you get to the rear ones...

And while I'm at it, I'm also installing one new Infinity amp (4x75 watts RMS) for the front and rear speakers. And two new Infinity amps (1x450 watts RMS each) for the four new 12 inch DVC Bazooka's in the trunk...
All this, and a new Pioneer head unit already installed.
I'm going to leave all the OEM amps and wiring/plugs in place in case I ever want to go back to stock...

Thanks in advance,

David

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
You don't have to remove the amps but you do have to take the rear deck trim out. Once you get that out you can easily get to the speakers. I will post pics of what it looks like in a few. OK somehow I do not have pictures that! Take out the back seat (instuctions in the archive) Then if memory serves me right the carpeted section of the rear deck will slide forward about a half inch and then you can lift it out. That will give you good access to the amps and speaker box. The main plug for the rear amps and speakers is on the drivers side of the car. Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.