Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I pull out of my garage, the rear end goes up a slight incline and something back there squeaks everytime. Also, when I pull out of the street I live on, the rear end squeaks as each tire drops off the curb (about an inch). Is that the shocks? It sounds like something needs to be lubed. Once I've driven a few hundred yards, it stops, but when the car is cold, that squeak is there.

Black Bullitt #196

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bullitt196 on 2001-08-19 03:04 ]</font>

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the same problem. Sounds like something rubbing against the rear springs. It only does it after sitting a couple days. Just haven't had time to crawl under and look. Probably would be best to put it on a drive-on rack, so it is sitting at it's normal ride hieght.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have the exact same problem, but haven't had it checked out. It only does it when the car has been sitting for a couple of days, and only makes the noise when I first pull out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Exactly! I get a block or two away, and it is never heard again that day. That is why I haven't worried about it. It has 4200 miles on it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Ditto, I noticed it the other day when I was waxing the rear quarter panel. I heard a fiant squeaking. Have never heard it while driving though. Will have to keep an ear open for this.

Mike
DHG #3463
San Ramon, CA.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Same thing happened to me today. c. 1200 miles on it, turning out of the driveway, there's a god-awful scratchy-pop sound from the rear, then it stopped. It was fine the rest of the trip, though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mine does the squeak too. But only when cold. After a half mile or so it is never heard again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have had noises in past that sounds like this concern that have been the rubber the springs and shocks{struts} set in get "cold" and take a minute to warm up. some times you can help it by spraying something like wd40 on the mounts and top and bottom of the springs to keep them from "sticking" together for the first few minutes. mike #790

·
Registered
501 Posts
I have the same prob.The dealer has worked on it 3 different times and no luck.13 days in the shop is not fun.let me know if you find the answer to the Squeek Question.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Last weekend, as I was leaving my house, I heard a sound like I was dragging a limb underneath the car. Just down the road it quit. I looked back to see what it was and nothing was there. It has not happened since. It was very strange!! :eek:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I hear a loud squeek in the rear when I first drive it in the morning (humid and cold outside); goes away the first few minutes..dont know what is the cause..#4218

·
Registered
31 Posts
There is another thread that addresses a rear end squeak which turned out to be the emergency brake cable located just in front of the rear tires. If you move it with your hand, you will hear the squeak. I sprayed silocon lube on mine. Others changed the bracket. Search on "squeak rear" under mechanical issues and you'll find the thread.

·
3,389 Posts
I have the same squeak! Drove me nuts, still drives me nuts and nobody can find the problem! Had her in the shop several times as well and they always seem to find something else loose or not connected, but it never rids the squeaking! They even changed my quad shocks thinking it was that!
Mine started the same way as most of you describe, first thing in the morning, then it would go away. Now, it always squeaks except if I get caught ing the rain, then that seems to lube whatever it is.
Next step is a silicon liquid bath.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-09-07 11:29, stangmikel wrote:
I have had noises in past that sounds like this concern that have been the rubber the springs and shocks{struts} set in get "cold" and take a minute to warm up. some times you can help it by spraying something like wd40 on the mounts and top and bottom of the springs to keep them from "sticking" together for the first few minutes. mike #790
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I prefer to use a silicone lubricant on bushings, rubber, or urethane parts in the suspension. I'm not sure WD 40 is the way to go.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tom Bullitt on 2004-06-04 22:26 ]</font>

1 - 14 of 14 Posts