Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need rear floor mats and my dealer said Ford doesn't make them. True or false? And what are you guys using?

·
Registered
930 Posts
You can buy generic rear floor mats from several of the dealers listed on this site and others...branded fron mats are available from the same dealers - mostly 'GT' and 'Pony' logo'ed.

Question: why are you letting anyone sit in the back? It's bad enough letting my girlfriend into the passenger seat...lol

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
My wife and I tried to locate rear floor mats for her 08 Mustang GT/CS and were told the same thing, that Ford does not provide rear floor mats for the Mustangs.

I had some floor mats that I had ordered for my previous GT which I bought from American Muscle ( http://www.americanmuscle.com/floormats.html ). When I sold it, I took the rear floor mats out to put in her GT/CS. She actually DOES have occasional rear seat passengers who fit back there and enjoy the ride! (Apache women are small!).

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
Ackman70 said:
I need rear floor mats and my dealer said Ford doesn't make them. True or false? And what are you guys using?
My set of mats have a dead pedal flap and matching rear mats. They are excellent quality. My fiancee had them custom done with the "GT" for my 07 GT, but then I got the Bullitt and transferred them. She asked if they would do a Bullitt logo, but he said he couldn't because of licensing. Maybe they could do crosshairs if we did a group buy. When mine wear out, I plan to get black ones with the silver pony. They also have protectors that you can buy to help preserve the mats.

http://www.sacramento-mustang.com/c...=All_Words&begin=&display=20&price=&merchant=

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
39,283 Posts
I thought the rear seats were just a decoration. You mean someone can actually SIT back there???? :lol:

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
wabirch said:
The all weather floor mat option includes 4 mats. Designed to hold small amounts of melted snow without running to carpet.
Ford sells a very nice heavy duty "All-Weather Vinyl" floor mats, tow front and two back. You can find them here Ford Mustang Accessories. They also have some carpeted sets, just not heavy duty like the vinyl.

I have a set of the All-Weather Vinyl and Ford may call them vinyl and, in fact that very well may be what they are made of, but I would classify them as a heavy duty hard rubber mat. I paid $70ish for the set from the dealer.

They are not as eye appealing as carpeted mats, but if you still have those stock side view truck mirrors on the car these will match well :lol:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
StvMcQueen said:
I thought the rear seats were just a decoration. You mean someone can actually SIT back there???? :lol:
I have two small kids and they fit back there perfectly. They don't like the trunk anymore! I know the mats would be small but some protection is better then none.

·
Registered
84 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
The all weather Ford mats are a nice throwback design with the running horse in the fronts.they look a lot like the mats that you used to see in the old Mustangs.My only complaint is that they don't reach far enough under the pedals for real protection from crap falling off of your shoes when it rains,Yes Terry the Tiger, I drive MY Mustang in the rain:lol: It will not melt like a wicked witch:badgrin:

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Ackman70 said:
I have two small kids and they fit back there perfectly.
I would've thought it would just be easier to buy a set of mats, but - Hey - the kids've gotta earn their keep somehow!

:badgrin:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yes, Ford does sell rear floor mats. However you have to buy them in a set along with the fronts. I wanted an extra set for the front anyway, so I bought them. However, the front mats have a silver running pony along the sides, while the rear are plain black. I'm gonna try and locate a some plain "factory" black ones.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Mustang Heavy Plush Floor Mats

We are stocking up on these now and looking for feedback on the most popular Logo and Color

$89.99 for the 4-piece package - FREE Logo on Front Mats

Lloyd Mats has created a superior quality reasonably priced floor mat for the Mustang enthusiasts. Heavy Plush by Lloyd Mats bridges the gap between complete custom fit mats and low quality, poor fitting universals. Heavy Plush mats feature a polypropylene yarn, which resists most stains, in a 40 ounce per yard construction, 2 to 3 times heavier than most original equipment mats. Durable half inch tall carpet pile has a beautiful soft texture. The custom cut, the grommet fastener and the nibbed rubber backing all contribute toward keeping the mats in place (even better than OEM mats).

Color Options (Black, Grey, Parchment)

Logo Options

Cobra

Pony & Bars

Mustang Pony (Silver or Beige)

GT Emblem Black, Red or Silver

Additional Mustang Heavy Plush Floor Mat Samples

Let us know wat you think!

Check them out
http://www.southernmustangparts.com/mustang-floor-mats-lloyd-mats-heavy-plush-floor-mats-p-480.html

Ken

·
39,283 Posts
Nice mats

Opps. This was a double post. :redface:

·
39,283 Posts
Nice mats

southernmustangparts said:
Mustang Heavy Plush Floor Mats

We are stocking up on these now and looking for feedback on the most popular Logo and Color

Lloyd Mats has created a superior quality reasonably priced floor mat for the Mustang enthusiasts. Heavy Plush by Lloyd Mats bridges the gap between complete custom fit mats and low quality, poor fitting universals. Heavy Plush mats feature a polypropylene yarn, which resists most stains, in a 40 ounce per yard construction, 2 to 3 times heavier than most original equipment mats. Durable half inch tall carpet pile has a beautiful soft texture. The custom cut, the grommet fastener and the nibbed rubber backing all contribute toward keeping the mats in place (even better than OEM mats).

Color Options (Black, Grey, Parchment)

Logo Options

Cobra

Pony & Bars

Mustang Pony (Silver or Beige)

GT Emblem Black, Red or Silver

Additional Mustang Heavy Plush Floor Mat Samples

Let us know wat you think!

Check them out
http://www.southernmustangparts.com/mustang-floor-mats-lloyd-mats-heavy-plush-floor-mats-p-480.html

Ken
Very nice selection of mats, Ken. I especially like the pony logo. Being the tightwad that I am, though, I think 90 bucks a pop is a bit pricey. Make it $70 and we've got a deal (even $79.99 would "sound" better... these are tough times). :wink:

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
American Muscle has a great set priced at $79 add our 5% discount to that with free shipping and it is a very good deal. I have the mats. Good quality dead pedal flap fronts and rears.Not cheapo thin stuff good plush mats.Choice of emblems.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts