Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Bullitts don't come with rear floor mats, only the front ones........

·
Registered
456 Posts
My bullitt came with them. The dealership told me that it did not come with any so i called ford motorcompany and they set them straight and i got a set of them

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Dang... any info you can share with us on this? I would like to have a set of rear floor mats for 227.

thanks

Bud

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
BULLITT's never came w/ rear mats from the factory. No Mustangs for 2001 received rear mats from the factory. All BULLITT's did receive front mats as standard.

·
Registered
34 Posts
A real good (cheap) alternative is head for Kmart. For $1.29ea you can pick up those cheapo black rubber mats for the back. Hey, I'm like most you guys, money is no object, but they fit absolutely perfectly and believe it or not, actually look good! No one ever rides in back of my GT, but these mats will protect the carpet as good as any can. Had the tan ones in my '98 Cobra too.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Along with the rear mats not being included in my Bullitt were the lighter and ash tray. I don't smoke in the car but the ash tray would've been neat. It seats in one of the cup holders and has a lid on it. Could be used for small, misc stuff for storage. I'm going to order one from the dealer.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I told my salesman the same thing - I don't smoke but was going to miss the ash tray from my '95 GT that I used for storage, you know, coins, etc. I drove away with the ash tray insert and a cigarette lighter, not just the dummy/fake one. It never hurts to ask...

I too will order the mat set with the silver running pony so that I can get mats for the rear. I called Late Model Restoration Supply the other day and they said they now have the dark charcoal mats to match our Bullitts. He also gave me their new website address: www.50resto.com This set is $63.50 with the logo, but I don't believe the order number for dk charcoal has made it into the print catalog. Karl - which set did you get?

·
Registered
191 Posts
The ford.com website for the Bullitt (2001 model year) said "front and rear floormats" ... my dealer said it was "a mistake, no Mustangs come with them"

·
Registered
55 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-05 22:24, BBFN_O51951 wrote:
The ford.com website for the Bullitt (2001 model year) said "front and rear floormats" ... my dealer said it was "a mistake, no Mustangs come with them"
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

NO mustangs came with them???? That's funny, mine were wrapped in plastic in the trunk. WOW a dealer that doesn't tell the truth???????? surprise surprise....... Sounds like a Gary Yeomans/Terry Taylor dealership. An institute for pathological liars...........

gary

OOPS did i slander a dealership by name??? sorry, please disregard the previous.........HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

gary

·
Registered
41 Posts
My 02 GT only came with paper thin front mats. I got these from Mustangs Unlimited. Front and rears. Only fronts come with the running horse logo.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kfengler on 2002-01-08 09:50 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
F.Y.I. from www.50resto.com:

ID #: ACC-9401CHG-110
All floor mats are made by Auto Custom Carpet to match the replacement carpet offered by our company. Die cut like original to insure a perfect fit and finish. Made of long lasting cut pile carpet with vinyl trim and your choice of plain, with running pony logo, or with cobra snake logo. Include eye hole for factory catch on the floor pan. Sold as set of four with logo only on front set. For an EXACT MATCH, call toll free 1-866-50-RESTO and and your salesman for a color sample. We are not responsible for incorrect colors.

·
Registered
41 Posts
aaaahhhh! I would have preferred charcoal to match the rest of the car. Oh well. I will know for when this set wears out.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
The Dealership flyer is wrong. Only front floor mats are available from the Factory on Mustangs. The Bullitt had them as standard equipment.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I was shocked by no rear floor mats when I got her home...just figured. Target had some cool black ones for 5 bucks. Hell, no one sits back there anyway...I'm 6'6".

·
Registered
67 Posts
2001 Mustangs did not come with rear floor mats. I purchased a set of four from the Ford parts counter. The front 2 are embroidered with "Mustang." They are made of the same material as the carpet and look a lot better than the cheap ones that came in it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts