Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone notice their tail lights having water spots inside them like the front ones? Was washing the Bullitt yesterday and the inside of the rear lenses were completely fogged up. When I looked closer I could see the spots. Maybe the lens are not sealed and are allowing water inside. Anyone know if they should be sealed?

Bullitt #2276
No Mods...Yet..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: donwil on 2001-11-26 09:45 ]</font>

·
Registered
35 Posts
Donwil,

I have the same problem that you are describing. I have an appointment to have it changed out. You are right in that the unit isn't sealed, and is letting moisture in. If properly sealed, the taillights should have no moisture in them.

I suggest you call your dealer and have them order you a new one.

·
Registered
120 Posts
My left rear light is retaining moisture as well. I have an appointment tomorrow to get the whole unit replaced.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The tailamps are not completely sealed since there are vent tubes on the back side to vent pressure as the lamps heat up. The vent tubes have a filter in them to prevent water from going into the housing. There should not be any standing water in the lamps. The lens outer and housing inner are sonic welded together. Condensation should go away after the lamps have been illuminated for awhile, how long will depend on how much moisture and temperature outside.

·
Registered
11 Posts
im having the same problem with the drivers side

·
Registered
100 Posts
Had to have the right one replaced because the water also caused the silver backing to flake of and turn black. The dealership replaced it without argument.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts