Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a set of Eibach 25mm spacers on the rear today, and the car looks great with the stock wheels now...no more "skinny" look from the back! But I noticed that one wheel looks out a little further than the other. A guy at Maximum Motorsports told me that with our 4 link rear suspension the body of the car can shift from side to side a good bit while cornering and can be off to one side when you park it.
Anyone hear of or experienced this ??
thanks

·
Registered
421 Posts
Was it like that before? My stock setup is off a tad to one side whenever I park it. I was worried at first, but I had everything checked and pretty much all new parts put in the rear suspension and after the stealership did all the work, they told me that that must just be how the car body is on the suspension. He proved it to me with all the alignment paperwork and I have no problems. I had just had work done on the car when I first noticed it but I bet it was there the whole time and it just took a closer eye to recognize it. Maybe why you just now saw it?

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
so common, it's a feature :D

pretty much every rear stick axle SN95 has the rear shifted to the drivers side :D

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Tailgunner said:
Zeke,
How many others do you know of with the rear shifted to the driver's side?
I'll bet the spacers I put on just brought it out enough so I could see it....
I don't realy know of how many others
just from friends cars, car shows, and even other stangs on the road. You can almost always tell the rear end is not perfectly centered. Lowering makes it more obvious as the rear tire is closer to the fender so it's much easier to tell.

There is no scientific research in this, just my opinion :D

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Mine is off toward the pass side to the point that my 295/35/18 BFG started to rub on the one side. Worked fine lowered for over a year and out of no where started to rub. If you do a search here on IMBOC you will find my thread about it. Seems to be pretty common.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is there any way we can center the rear end without a panhard bar?
Mine is off center a little towards the drivers side, and it's really bugging me!
I didn't see it til I installed the 1" spacers...and I find myself checking it each time I get out...I know, I'm probably too particular about it!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Mine is off-center also. Sometimes it is off more than others. I also have 92K miles and use the rear wheels to help steer the car sometimes. Aftermarket lca I am sure would help.

·
Car Whisperer
21,578 Posts
haven't ever noticed mine being off. worn bushings?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I noticed mine before the spacers. The panhard bar will just keep the axle were its at. Not move side to side in turns. Like I said on mine you have to study it to notice. You could take it to a body shop and see if they can even it up. The spacers helped mine look better.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I believe it might be at the differential... I had my rear axle bearings replaced because one was making noise at 37K miles. Once it was reassembled... it was once again centered properly. So it is my assumption something causes this internally in the rear axle.

If someone has more knowledge on this please elaborate.

·
Registered
58 Posts
My understanding is the rear axle is shifted a bit to the drivers side by design... the idea is if you fall asleep at the wheel the car should tend to drift to the right (ditch) vs the left (oncoming traffic!). Most cars it is not noticeable, however lowering the car can make it more apparent.... so you swap in an adjustable panhard bar to correct...

·
Registered
244 Posts
every SN-95 mustang (1996 Cobra, 2001 DHG, 2000 GT & 2001 BLK) have the same thing. All shifted towards the passenger side so I would say its common.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.