Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody seen a black anodized plate frame for the rear plate anywhere? I still have the dealers plastic frame on, but I think it looks to tacky with the white letters and it won't last that long here in the Central Florida sun. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
I got impatient to take off the cheap plastic plate frame that the dealership put on. I went to my local autoparts store and found this one in Chrome and I like it..

·
Registered
74 Posts
I thought someone had talked with MGW about doing alum. billet frame with the rearing Mustang and Bullitt on it.

Any news. Nothing on their Web site.

Dick
#945 dhg

·
Registered
252 Posts
I mentioned the plate frame to George in the thread where he introduced himself to the forum. I am pretty sure he is working on something but what the final product will be is as of yet unknown.

·
Registered
74 Posts
1Nasty
Are you staying in touch with George about the frame? If not, I would like to follow-up with him about the possibility of a Bullitt frame. I like the other frame he has done for the Mustangs.

Thanks.

Dick

·
Registered
252 Posts
Guess I kinda forgot about licensing and the legalities of using the name. I didn't think it would be a problem when I had called and wanted him to do a one off. Could just make his records say "custom machining." I guess if he is gonna actually produce though he better get the permission.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,027 Posts
Just sent him an e-mail as we speak! I am holding out getting a regular frame holder for a Bullitt one. I guess I will turn my dealer one around backwards till then........

Vicki

·
Registered
66 Posts
hey guys,

i should be getting some info from ford and i also called the number that bob gave me so hopefully i will know something soon.

i will probably make them silver hardcoat anodized that will go well with the fuel doors

regards
george

·
Registered
223 Posts
MGW Ltd is the only way to go with this. I purchased a shift knob for my old 96 gt and it was really high quality. I e-mailed George @ MGW and he is waiting for licensing from the bullit people. Rest assured it will be top quality.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey Fellow BullittHeads. Just talked to George today. He was mailing the application today for permission to use Bullitt name. He told me about some of the items he plans on making. One was a cigarette ligher with a outline of a bullet with the mustang pony inside. He is planning to make a license plate frame and also a oil dip stick handle with Bullitt on it. I ordered some goodies from him today. Can't wait to trick out my interior. Also called K&N Filters and as of yet they do not have an fipk for the Bullitt, if any of you were interested.

Dark Highland Green #2136
2000 F-150 Flareside Island Blue Met.
2001 Honda CBR929RR Pearl Yel/Blk
1987 Honda 250R Fourtrax

·
Registered
50 Posts
George at MGW ltd. My bullitt only has screw mounts on the bottom of the plate. I don't know if that is true for all Bullitts, but if you do make a bullitt model would you keep in mind that some of us probably have the same situation as mine. I'd definitely want to order one when their ready. Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts