Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rear Seat "Delete-Kit" for 1999 thru 2009 for the Hard Core Racer !!!!!!!!!

IMBOC Members & Guest

Loose Weight Fast

Shrader Performance
Now has the Rear-Seat "Delete"
Kit Available for the
1999 thru 2009
Mustangs

T.H.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Hmmm.... I designed my own light weight rear seat package,for the 2001 Bullitt. Saves 11 lbs,for about $12 bucks,and you get to keep your original back seat!!

·
Administrator
5,011 Posts
Trunk Access Answer

tigerhonaker said:
Ron,

Give them a Call, the number is there on the Post:
Terry,
I went to the website listed on the Post, and found an email address there to send questions to: [email protected]

Shortly thereafter I received an email response to my question from Steve Shrader of Shrader Performance.
He says "The back section doesn't have an actual latch to let the back down, but it is easily removed for carrying long objects when needed for the trunk access. It's simply velcro holding the top in place, and some plastic push pins at the bottom edge. Takes about 20 seconds to drop it, for carrying home those large items your spouse makes you pickup at the Department store."

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RonReam said:
Terry,
I went to the website listed on the Post, and found an email address there to send questions to: [email protected]

Shortly thereafter I received an email response to my question from Steve Shrader of Shrader Performance.
He says "The back section doesn't have an actual latch to let the back down, but it is easily removed for carrying long objects when needed for the trunk access. It's simply velcro holding the top in place, and some plastic push pins at the bottom edge. Takes about 20 seconds to drop it, for carrying home those large items your spouse makes you pickup at the Department store."

Interesting ..............

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I'd like one if it left a clean pass through to the trunk!

·
Premium Member
6,283 Posts
I have the RSD on my 04GT and it certainly saved a lot of weight. With a few other weight-saving mods I am down to 3150 with 1/4 tank of gas on a new, certified scale.

The piece that replaces the seat back is bolted in place with two bolts.

For weight distribution a RSD removes weight from the rear wheels which is a bit of a problem on road courses/open track days. Maybe it's OK for the drag strip.

I noticed last year that I had better rear grip with a full tank of fuel so this year I will try bolting some weight to the rear floor which will result in a lower center of gravity than the stock rear seat. I also removed the stock seats and keep them in the house for storage. The Sparco driver's seat is MUCH lighter.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
I simply removed the 11 lb. steel seat back retainer panel,removed the seatbacks from their pivot points. Mounted a 30 inch length of 2 inch x 1/8thick aluminum,very light,across the top area where the seatbacks touch,under the package tray area.
The gripper side of velcro is attached to the aluminum brace,and sticks to the material that is on the back of the seats.
The seatbacks are held in place with velcro at the top,and by the cushion fit at the bottom. They stay right in place under all conditions,and can be simply pulled out,when needed!
Looks stock and saves some weight,10.5 lbs,and it is a cheap mod!!!

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
I've had their kit in my car for over 2 years now, love it

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
I don't think that the cheap a$$ materials that they used in our interior weigh all that much anyway. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,283 Posts
BB2008 said:
I don't think that the cheap a$$ materials that they used in our interior weigh all that much anyway. :rolleyes:
The seat bottom is light but the backs and the supporting frame/hardware does have some weight and it is placed rather high in the car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts