Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought this from V8 Power a while ago and just got around to fitting it.
I did not expect much from it so that was another reason why I was in no rush to fit it.

It looks like a direct copy of the KB one and is well made and very sturdy.

Now the bad part ! - It did not fit !
It is is supposed to be a 1 hour project ! Well maybe if the holes for the shocks were
in the right place and the overall length was correct - but not in my case. I spent at least an hour
on the grinder and drill.

Firstly empty the trunk and all trim.
Offer up the brace and find it is over length. Go find grinder and tape measure, feel free to swear a bit.
Grind about 1/8 inch or 3 m/m off each end to start with and offer it up to the car again. Still too long

Remove top mounting on the rear shocks and mark the brace with a silver marker.
Back to the grinder again and remove the marked areas.
Next elongate both holes using rotary tuning file. P.I.T.A..

Once the brace has been altered to fit the rest is simple. Just mark the holes and drill.
Treat all the new holes and go have a cup or tea while this goes off.

Jack the car up a bit and get small wife unit to get her small hands in and hold the bolts
while I tighten from inside. I let her get inside for the middle bold with me under the car.
All mechanics done now just trim the trunk side liners.

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Space

It does not take up much space, about the same as a golf umbrella
and I can still get both my chairs ahead of it.

I would like to say that I can feel a tiny bit of difference but I don't think so.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
What?:shock: You did all that reengineering and I do NOT see any BULLITT logo painted on the part?:shock: Are you daft man?:shock: Go back and take that stick of metal out of your trunk until it is properly logo'd...J/K....:lol:

Looks impressive even if you don't feel any improvement. Could be that our cars are already stiff across that gap?

·
Premium Member
6,218 Posts
I noticed good performance with mine. It whips the tail end around more in corners. Mine (from Kenny Brown)didn't go in easily either, but I do feel that it was worth it. Good Job!

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MustangMarkus said:
I noticed good performance with mine. It whips the tail end around more in corners. Mine (from Kenny Brown)didn't go in easily either, but I do feel that it was worth it. Good Job!

It was the picture of yours that made me order it.
I will drive it again today and see what I think. To me, Every little helps.

I want jacking rails next and a weld in extreme matrix.

Bob

·
Registered
142 Posts
Man that looks nice. I need to look into getting one.

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the joker said:
Man that looks nice. I need to look into getting one.
Thanks. Get a 4 inch angle grinder, a set of rotary files, a tape measure and a silver marker pen and a few beers
for after as well.

Bob

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DavidMidgley said:
What?:shock: You did all that reengineering and I do NOT see any BULLITT logo painted on the part?:shock: Are you daft man?:shock: Go back and take that stick of metal out of your trunk until it is properly logo'd...J/K....:lol:

Looks impressive even if you don't feel any improvement. Could be that our cars are already stiff across that gap?
BULLITT logo goes on later ! ! You know me too well buddy.........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts