Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newest member to BULLITTCLUB Bullitt3622 and I had a phone conversation earlier about rear spoiler being added onto the Bullitt.I gave my choice of the as is non spoiler look, which is clean and slick. He advised he was considering a low profile spoiler like the Saleen model which is low and hangs off the rear deck, Which sounds pretty good.
Has anyone added a spoiler or have any other input on this subject.
Oh yea Welcome to the Bullittclub Bullitt3622

·
Registered
287 Posts
Welcome, Bullitt3622. Another GA member. Cool.

Rear spoiler?

No, I say...the original Bullitt Mustang didn't have one, so mine won't either. :smile:

The last thing I want is someone thinking my Bullitt is something else...like a standard GT or one with some saleen add-ons..

Scott D.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Ditto, no spoiler needed here. Let 'em think they are sneaking up on a V6 or regular GT.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Do a search for 'spoiler' to read the past rants (including mine) against spoilers.

·
Registered
295 Posts
The Only good spoiler is the one that is not there! Don't DO IT ! :eek:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Most of the spoilers around don't do anything, they're just there for looks. Do we really need to add an appendage to make the Bullitt look better? I don't think so.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
yes, the vehicle at the 2001 LA auto show had a very tiny "lip" on the trunk edge that really looked sweeeeeeet!!!

·
Registered
448 Posts
I agree, no spoiler for mine, ever! :smile:

:bullitt:

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Actually there is a blue one with that wing on it at work. I could take a picture of it and let you see how horrible it looks.
Nasty!!!!

·
Registered
714 Posts
I put a Xenon on mine, to each his own but Ford didn't install one for cost cutting purposes, not because the original didn't have one, hell, no 68's had a factory spoiler. I thought it looked naked and cheap, just my own opinion and you know what they say....everyone has one and .....

·
Registered
714 Posts
Thanks Nasty, I was expecting nothing but flames but I guess if the club founder doesn't puke all over it, I can still hang out with you guys. :smile:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Actually it doesn't look all that bad. I'm keeping mine spoilerless, but yours is at least tasteful. Could be worse, you could have that god-awful Saleen double wing :grin: and Altezza tail lights :wink:

Did you black out the GT fender emblem, or is it True Blue? Thinking of de-emphasizing that on my DHG...

·
Registered
714 Posts
I was going to add a big azz carbon fiber wing to the top of that spoiler and then throw on some hydraulics, maybe some sweet graphics with the names of all the companies that make the stuff that I wish I had on my car and then......I mean I do live in SoCal!!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I used to have the Saleen S-281 wing on my '97 Cobra convertible and it was a very flat, understated wing...even flatter than 4660's Xenon...though it sticks out farther behind the trunk lip. I would think it would indeed look good on a Bullitt (just not on mine :smile: ).

·
Registered
714 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you black out the GT fender emblem, or is it True Blue? Thinking of de-emphasizing that on my DHG...

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I didn't do anything with the GT emblem, I think it was just the angle of the camera shot that makes it look blacked out. And I do have the 30mm H&R wheel spacers installed in those shots if anyone cares what they look like from the rear.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bullitt#4660 on 2001-10-30 12:23 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
4660, i prefer mine without but if you were going to put a spoiler on a Bullitt, yours isn't a bad one at all! it certainly looks better than the factory spoilers Ford uses on the GTs

1 - 20 of 24 Posts