Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this may sound sacriligious but I'd like to do ONE & only ONE cosmetic mod to the car's exterior appearance. I'd like to add a small wing lip, like a ducktail, on the trunk. Nothing as gaudy as a GT wing, more like the GT500 wing, that's small and sublte, not garish like Steeda's (http://www.steeda.com/products/steeda_street_wing.php & http://www.steeda.com/products/steeda_race_wing.php.)There's a vareity of them available thru the web like these: http://www.atlantaauto.com/ford_mustang_spoilers_wings_05.php

So,anybody ever done this or have any suggestions? I'd prefer to get a color-matched one.
Lee

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
well, if there's one thing there is no shortage of in the aftermarket for Mustangs, it's wings and tails. a bit of searching should easily yield something you like. Probably will have to get it custom painted to match though, I doubt there's been sufficient interest to warrant any supplier having them pre-made to match our paint - but it certainly is possible.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Generally, I love the plain jane look of the Bullitt- so unassuming. After looking at the car for so long now, the small wing/lip is the only cosmetic exterior mod I'd consider & it's purely for appearance reasons, not performance. Gosh, there's just so much mod work that can be done to the Stangs and so many sites w/so much info- it's overwhelming. But it appears that this shop in Atlanta has a strong following and their prices seem to be in line w/everyone else's. I wonder if a trip to the local junkyard is in order? Hmmmmm....
Lee

·
Registered
262 Posts
I've thought about the XENON 3PC. DUCKTAIL SPOILER
Thing is I bought my Bullitt in Febuary and already spent
6k just in parts, and my wife is still acting funny...go figure.
BTW the spoiler mentioned above is the only one I would even consider!
To each their own, put the one on you like!
Gene

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope, no front end stuff for me, only rear end (did that come out sounding funny?) Like the way the front looks but the rear looks like it needs just a touch of trickness.

I like the ducktail too- subtle yet still a nice line to break up the rear. Decisions, decisions, decisions.
Lee

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
spectorman said:
Nope, no front end stuff for me, only rear end (did that come out sounding funny?) Like the way the front looks but the rear looks like it needs just a touch of trickness.

I like the ducktail too- subtle yet still a nice line to break up the rear. Decisions, decisions, decisions.
Lee
How about just a stripe for the contours of the rear end to add a little something.

·
Car Whisperer
21,384 Posts
felt the same way about my 01, that's why it wears a 03-04 Cobra rear wing....looks alot like the one that was on the 01 concept car.

If you like something do it....your car.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Well, IF I was going to wing Karen's Bullitt, I would try out the GT 500 spoiler, from The Spoiler Store on E Bay...because....

1. Their price of like 110 bucks painted and delivered cannot be beat.

2. I have their wing on my 05, and know the quality of the part and the paint....

3. It can be secured with only 3M tape, and there is no way I would drill the trunk lid of the bullitt....no way........

4. If you have the Sirius antenna on the trunk lid...(nice going Ford) the Spoiler Store Spoiler will not hit it.....

JMO,
Mike

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mike- great info- thansk for the lead!
Lee

GOT OATZ said:
Well, IF I was going to wing Karen's Bullitt, I would try out the GT 500 spoiler, from The Spoiler Store on E Bay...because....

1. Their price of like 110 bucks painted and delivered cannot be beat.

2. I have their wing on my 05, and know the quality of the part and the paint....

3. It can be secured with only 3M tape, and there is no way I would drill the trunk lid of the bullitt....no way........

4. If you have the Sirius antenna on the trunk lid...(nice going Ford) the Spoiler Store Spoiler will not hit it.....

JMO,
Mike

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mike- I spoke too soon- I don't see their lisitng on e-bay. Can you give a fella a hand? Lee

NEVER MIND- had a D'oh moment!
Lee

·
Registered
144 Posts
sammy01 said:
CDC makes a subtle rear lip that looks like something off of a '69. I just added a CDC chin spoiler and will be adding CDC's rear lip spoiler this summer. You have to paint it and tape or tape/bolt it on. In my books that is a good deal for the look that you get

check it out
http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=96
I just installed this ducktail, it looks great. It was kinda tough to make myself drill those holes but it wasn't like 0457 was a virgin, she'd already been drilled once.....hood pins.

·
Car Whisperer
21,384 Posts
looks real good. probably the one I would pick if I had a 197.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Wow, I was thinking it would look dumb. No, it looks very good. Still can't see my doing it, but if I did, that's what I'd do.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I don't know, too hard to see from the thumbnails and when I try to enlarge, I get this:

seen this many times before too, but not on all hosted images, it is intermittent.:confused:

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Mike Same Here

1 - 20 of 42 Posts