Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While doing my brakes this week I found where the rear wheels and the hub meet totally rusted. The fronts were fine. Noticed what look to be anti-seize compound on the fronts. Checked my manual and sure enough in the spec sheet they list
High Temperature Nickel Anti-Seize Lubricant F6AZ-9L494-A
under the front specs but not the rears? Went ahead and bought some anti-seize and after removing all the corrosion from both the wheel and the hub I applied a thin coat. Being very careful not to get any on the rotor surface. Checked the lugs nuts and on several of them the corrosion was even inside the nuts. Do you know how depressing it is to find corrosion inside your nuts...Well I cleaned that out. With what else a .38 cal pistol brush.

Mid Life Crisis #388

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mid Life Crisis #388 on 2001-11-17 00:05 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Do you know how depressing it is to find corrosion inside your nuts...

Ya know. I'm not even gonna touch that one. Too easy. :grin:

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-16 23:57, Mid Life Crisis #388 wrote:
Do you know how depressing it is to find corrosion inside your nuts? </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I thought that just meant I'm getting old. :wink:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-11-17 10:32 ]</font>

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well, I noticed the rust on the rear discs and decided to do something about it. I painted (with a small brush) them with POR-15, which is a rust-resistant paint that can be painted directly over rusted surfaces. Skeptical? Don't be, I used it on my 66 VW rust-bucket and the stuff is good. Three years and I saw no return of rust. I painted the center portion of rotors on the Bullitt, and the outside/inside of fins. It looks really clean now (gloss black), and no more irritating rust stains on the inside of rims! I purchased it mail-order from a Jeeper's mag. I have not seen it in stores. Why didn't Ford paint the rears like the fronts? Trying to save a buck, no doubt.

Don

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the same problem. It really ruins the view of the rims and red brake calipers to see all that rust. Isn't this a problem to take up with Ford. I mean a 26K car with 800 miles rusting? Anyone have any good ideas on fixing the issue?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts