Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) The goons with the wands can hack your Bullitt to bits with one stupid swipe.
2) The rails that grab your Bullitt are high enough to rip off the molded front mud flaps.
3) Your antenna could bite the dust if it isn't removed first.
4) If it's a brush-type wash, it WILL scratch your finish. Especially these new Bullitt polymer paints.
5) If it's a brush-less wash, the grime-removing agents will remove ANY wax you've got on the car immediately.
6) If you can't ride in the car, you won't know what part of the wash mechanism slammed, scratched, shaved, or burned your Bullitt.
7) If you never wash your own Bullitt, you won't recognize damage as often as necessary to prevent it from deteriorating further. For example, ther may be scratches that are left unattended long enough to begin rusting.
:cool: The protective waxes that are thrown into the final rinse build up like floor cleaners and leave a haze.
9) If it dries in the sun before the goons towel it over (if they towel it at all), there will be permanent water spots that are a true P.I.T.A. to remove.
10) If they do towel it in time, they'll be using the same towels that dried the rust-bucket pickup truck or the muddy four-wheeler that was there 7 or 8 cars ahead of you, scratching your finish.
11) The high water pressure will locate every leak your Bullitt has, unlike an average rainfall.

and....worst of all....
12) You won't have as many reasons to tell the wife why you're always in the garage or driveway whiling away the hours staring at your gorgeous work of Bullitt art!

DHG #2095

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 01GTCOUPE on 2001-10-19 15:31 ]</font>

·
Registered
199 Posts
11) The high water pressure will locate every leak your Bullitt has, unlike an average rainfall.

Ex. Your rear window could leak causing your new tint job to come off.
:sad:

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, kfengler - I don't know how far you are from Wyoming, but I was born there. My grandparents settled in Sheridan back in the 1920's.

Yea, PA gets some pretty fuggly snow sometimes. It's hilly and dangerous where I live. Lots of freeze, thaw, freeze crap. The only good thing is that limestone is cheap around here so they tend to 'cinder' the roads around here instead of salt them.

As far as washing. Well, I drive my '88 Ranger with 140,000 miles any time the weather is bad. 2095 stays garaged. I took the lead and had a hot and cold outdoor faucet installed in our new home a couple years ago. It keeps my fingers from falling off if I do need to wash.

You certainly have to keep the salt off, right? Self-washing in the pay-as-you-go bays is the next best thing. I just don't like to hammer all the locks and crevices with water when I know it'll freeze up as soon as I drive away. Washing too much has it's drawbacks, too.

Nothing beats a piece of [email protected] beater for taking it on the chin for your show car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts