Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If Ford was giving rebates on 08 Bullitts in Missouri, I would be a buyer. $4500 in California. Nothing in Missouri.

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
Cuba Bullitt said:
If Ford was giving rebates on 08 Bullitts in Missouri, I would be a buyer. $4500 in California. Nothing in Missouri.

Rebate? What's a rebate? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Matt Cook said:
better yet buy in Ca, and enjoy the drive home....will be grinning from ear to ear
That's what I did. The Colorado and New Mexico portions of the trip were nice, then you have to drive through the Texas Pan-Handle, and it sucks. Speaking from experience, be sure you know what your state's rules are for buying new cars out of state.:idea:

·
Registered
583 Posts
I thought the rebates only apply to the state the vehicle is registered in? You need to be a resident of the rebate state right? Isn't the rebate in Cali $4500?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Bought in FL when there was incentives before they removed the Bullitt from the list...

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Cuba Bullitt said:
According to my local dealer, the rebate is determined by the zip code where you are a resident.
What, too hard to get a PO box in another state??? :wink:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This kind of nonsense makes you want to get a PO box in another state. The dealer in my area and all over St. Louis have had the same Bullitts sitting in their lots since March or earlier. The dealer is willing to sell it at invoice but that is not good enough given the economic conditions.

·
Registered
583 Posts
The three closest dealers to me have Bullitts on thier lots, all green and one has been there for a long time! There is no rebate in PA for them and I believe they are all 08s. One of the dealers has an 08 GT convertable with a $35000 plus sticker that has a model year clearance sticker saying $29000 now. It was over $6000 off with rebates and discounts the Bullitt next to it has zero off!

·
Registered
32 Posts
The thing that makes me wonder is this: The Bullitt, unlike say a Shelby, is not it's own "Model"...it is an option package on a GT Premium Coupe. If they give the rebates, on GT's, they should give it on the Bullitt.....it's like saying you can't get a rebate on a GT if it has a Shaker 1000 in it....

The fact that some dealer's are giving it makes me wonder if the one's who don't offer the rebate are simply trying to hold out based on the limited availability of the Bullitt.

·
Registered
32 Posts
And I am wrong...went to the Ford site ans see that they do, in fact, break the Bullitt out from GT 's.....strange, those ford guys. Every state seems to have a different program.

One of the few cases where being in CA is actually beneficial finacially...whould'a thunk?

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Now,Ford is up in Washington,begging Uncle Sam for bailout money,and they won't give a price break on a 2009 Bullitt,which is really a left over 2008,because they didn't sell them all that year. Yeah,that is crazy!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I totally agree, T-Bone. I got the $4500 off mine too, so apparently in CA they are including them. They need to do this nationally or there are going to be Bullitts sitting around on dealer lots next summer.

Ford sales were the worst ever I think in Oct., and the CEO was on Capitol Hill begging for a bailout last week. How bout some real rebates on every model so they can get some cashflow going here?:evil:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts