Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I am a proud owner of the number #1042 BULLITT. I picked it up yesterday!!

This is my first post.

I don't like the ID number sticker under the hood.I think alot of you out there don't either! I love everything else about the BULLITT!

Here is my proposal...
If we all Complaine to ford about this,And ask for a real ID TAG.
Here is what i would like to see. The ID Number under the BULLITT badge on the rear.Or the ID number under the GT on the sides.And a special BULLITT ID badge with the number somewere on the dashboard.

But i would be happy with anything better the the ID "STICKER"!!!!

How do all of you out there feel about the ID Sticker,and do you all thing we can group up and get ford to make some changes to the ID sticker? (RECALL)

I think we have a VALID complaint about the sticker? After all the ID is a big part of the BULLITT!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Ray there are some posts over on BON that relate to some feedback from ford on this subject.Also some intriguing news that there is a second "sticker " somewhere on our cars. This from Art Hyde of team mustang.Sounds like a challenge to me! :smile:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thats a great idea, I would love to see a badge underneath the GT one, that would set it apart a little more from the GT.

I HATE THE ID STICKER!!!!!!!!!!! I was wiping down the engine compartment a little, and I ran my paper towel over the sticker, and it started to rub off. Now you can hardly see the lettering!!!!

·
Registered
310 Posts
I agree that is one pretty pathetic sticker.
Apparently the sticker went on before the quality went in. By the way what the heck were they thinking. LIKE WE WOULDN'T NOTICE! NOT !!! Keep those Bullitts shining! Havgunwiltav!

·
Registered
822 Posts
Good idea...I was thinking maybe even a little certificate of authenticity to put in our manual or something would be fine too. But I do think something external that validates the car would be a great idea :smile:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Supposedly Art Hyde has said the reason they haven't gone with an engraved ID in the engine bay or some other kind of metal ID is that it can be easily replicated. That's why they went with the hologram, so it would be tougher to counterfeit. THat being said, it's a bunch of bullsh*t that the numbers rub off. If they don't get a fix soon, i'm gonna put packing tape over my sticker.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
If they don't get a fix soon, i'm gonna put packing tape over my sticker.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Got tired of waiting and didn't want to take any chances on loosing my number. I used a clear film laminate. Looks fine. Probably the same as what Ford will send out. IF they ever send it out.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Was thinking of the same thing, in using a clear laminate. Was concerned with possible discolorization and or damage to the sticker due to the differences in material and the "glue" on the laminate.

I to would like Ford to do something about a COA. How about a Blue Oval Ford or Mustang logo with the serial number on it placed below the GT emblem?

Even considered removing the sticker before it gets damaged?????????

·
Registered
630 Posts
The sticker thing bothers me also. As you all know, stickers eventually peel off. Especially when there is a lump under it as mine has. But I have my window sticker in my file cabinet where all of you should. As for external badging, I'm out. Bullitt looks great to me as is. If people can't see the difference without reading it, then they don't know about mustangs anyway.

·
Registered
540 Posts
get a peice of clearbra and put it over the sticker works great i don't worry about mine anymore the clearbra stuff is tougher than actual clearcoat.

·
Registered
540 Posts
i got it at a retailer that sales the stuff check at your car dealership or a local parts store. the clear bra was designed to cover the entire front end of the vehicle way cool stuff i figured it would be just as good to cover a sticker with
.....or even check at a autobody shop. ask about a plastci coating to cover the paint if they don't know about the clearbra name

·
Registered
540 Posts
from what i have read i haven't seen anything about replacing it and the dealership has no clue on what to do
get a plastic laminant for now

·
Registered
112 Posts
Its True Its True, there is a second number on the vehicle, which yes is the same as your badge number under the hood. believe it or not, but i was waiting on my bullitt for almost a year when I finaly got mine in june. someone I know, actually the dealer I bought mine from as worked for Ford for many years, and told me about the BULLITT around Aug he filled me in on the info, the Bullitt was orig to have a spoiler on it, but not the standard GT one, It was a cross between the new saleen on and the contour svt one. low profile, And at that time he told me that he had talked with Mr Hyde and that the plane was to have each BULLITT have the number in 2 places one under the hood and the second on a differnt spot on each bullitt
OH yeah I am happy with where mine is, but i did add my own

·
Registered
260 Posts
That sticker sucks.

·
Registered
129 Posts
All complaints should be forwarded to Ford CRC found in your manuals. If they get enough complaints, they will have to do a national recall. I have already put mine in about this and the paint issue.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts