Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you guys could tell me how to post the dyno graph it's really interesting. The Motortec engineer picked up off peak torque increases of up to 13 lbs.-ft over the factory airbox with no filter. He told me it would be tougher on my system with no filter in the airbox but would simulate the K&N filter. The article is long...6 pages. http://www.rpm-mustangs.com is going to post the major points of the article. Basically it worked much better than they had anticipated.
I can post the graph and some of the major findings. This system is on the 5.0, but is the same design as the 4.6 which he will be testing next on the track and the dyno.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JP DEMOLET on 2001-07-29 06:24 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
If you can shoot it over to me in an e-mail or you can do it yourself by saving the results as a JPG and link to them using the IMG tags. Kinda like this..

Thats all there is to it.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Here's the Dyno graph for everybody..

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The article quotes: " First note there was a very substantial increase in low speed torque. The increase seen however was more than expected. The torque had jumped from a peak of 281 to 289.9 lbs.-ft. Lower down from peak torque gains as high as 13lbs.-ft. were seen. The averages are also worth considering. The average from 1400 to 5200 for the before torque and hp was 261.5 lbs.-ft. and 163.2 hp respectively. After installing the DENSECHARGER this rose to 269.2 lbs.-ft. and 167.2 hp. At high speed the additional air passing through the intake system cools the intake tract more and also the air has less time to pick up temperature so the differences are less. This was exactly the trend seen with the De Molet system. However after some thought it did occur to me that the stock filter box has a large flat area exposed to heat from the motor. The box itself was matt black-which is the optimum finish to pick up heat. What with this and the substantial area of the box a reasonable explanation for the big low speed increase can be visualized. As for top end output this only went up by a little over 1hp. However it should not be overlooked that this is not the gain over a stock system but a system without an air filter element. Since it is unwise to run a motor without the bnefit of good air filtration the gains over a stock system would be better yet. This means replacing the stock installation with it's usual paper filter with a DENSECHARGER will typically result in 2-4 hp more than shown in this test. The Demolet system looks good not only in terms of function but also price. The best of it all is that the gains were right where I use the motor most". by David Vizard, motortecmag engineer.

He is going to track test the 5.0 and 4.6 systems with more dyno results on the 4.6

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
I looked for the test article On Motortech and RPM,but could'nt find it. I did find a short article on the test results on RPM site. Can't wait to here how it does on the 4.6. 13 ft.lbs of gain in the off peak RPM is what you want on the street!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Motortec was supposed to post it about two weeks ago. I called him about a week ago and he said it would be another two to three weeks because they are moving into a new facility in Charlotte NC. I just emailed rpm the article yesterday. He'll probably have it up in the next day or two. It's long but it's nice to have a respected engineer who will R&D, advise, track test, etc. just because he wants to. They've also dynoed the DENSECHARGER/C&L Combo recently but I've haven't received any findings yet.

I'll email you the whole article today.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JP DEMOLET on 2001-07-29 15:03 ]</font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts