Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've got a generic cover for my 08 Bullitt (#2947). It works alright, but it doesn't fit exactly right. In the past I've head really nice custom-fit covers for cars I've owned, but I can't recall the name of the company that made them. Any recommendations on high-quality, breathable, custom-fit covers for the 08-09 Bullitts?

Thanks!
Dr. Blank

·
Administrator
6,585 Posts
If you are interested, I have a Covercraft outdoors breathable cover that I used for 2 days on my '09 Bullitt. I no longer use it because the car is stored inside. I bought it originally for long-term outside use. I'd offer it up for less than new cost. The cover was wet once, dried out, and now sits in my house. It has a hole for the antenna already in it. Let me know!

Reactions: bullit4404

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you are interested, I have a Covercraft outdoors breathable cover that I used for 2 days on my '09 Bullitt. I no longer use it because the car is stored inside. I bought it originally for long-term outside use. I'd offer it up for less than new cost. The cover was wet once, dried out, and now sits in my house. It has a hole for the antenna already in it. Let me know!
Tony, I'm sorry I'm only seeing this now :-/ I've already ordered a cover from California Car Covers, but I seriously appreciate your offer! BTW Your avatar is awesome LoL

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tony, I'm sorry I'm only seeing this now :-/ I've already ordered a cover from California Car Covers, but I seriously appreciate your offer! BTW Your avatar is awesome LoL
At the same time, how much do you want for it? I bought an indoor cover, but having an outdoor one as back up is never a bad thing...

·
Administrator
6,585 Posts
At the same time, how much do you want for it? I bought an indoor cover, but having an outdoor one as back up is never a bad thing...
I was looking for $125 + shipping. No worries that you didn't see until now :)

·
Administrator
6,585 Posts
Hey Tony, do you still have that Covercraft cover for sale? Do you know which model it was?
I do still have the cover. The model is the Covercraft Evolution. It's no longer made, but when I got it, I selected it because it was said to offer dent protection. My car was outside at the time, so I was worried about hail damage. If you are interested, I'd sell it for $125 (original price was over $250, I think).

Reactions: bullit4404

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I do still have the cover. The model is the Covercraft Evolution. It's no longer made, but when I got it, I selected it because it was said to offer dent protection. My car was outside at the time, so I was worried about hail damage. If you are interested, I'd sell it for $125 (original price was over $250, I think).
Hi Tony,

Thanks for the reply. I am interested in having a backup, waterproof/breathable cover for the rare occasions when I have to park my car outside overnight. (I currently have a California Car Cover Plushweave for inside storage.) Some of the reviews I read about the Evolution in the link you shared said that it let water right through--was that your experience with it?

Thanks!!
James

·
Administrator
6,585 Posts
Hi Tony,

Thanks for the reply. I am interested in having a backup, waterproof/breathable cover for the rare occasions when I have to park my car outside overnight. (I currently have a California Car Cover Plushweave for inside storage.) Some of the reviews I read about the Evolution in the link you shared said that it let water right through--was that your experience with it?

Thanks!!
James
My focus for the cover was breathability and dent resistance. It's hard to be water repellent and breathable! My cover got wet and there was moisture on the car, but the fabric was constructed to dry out and aerate so fogging didn't occur. The cover did perform in that regard. I decided to no longer use it because I didn't want to deal with the cover drying process, especially during the winter and cold temperatures. At the time I was looking for covers, I didn't see any that were totally water repellent while letting moisture underneath evaporate. There might be different fabric technology now because I got this cover back in 2016. Let me know if you need further information.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My focus for the cover was breathability and dent resistance. It's hard to be water repellent and breathable! My cover got wet and there was moisture on the car, but the fabric was constructed to dry out and aerate so fogging didn't occur. The cover did perform in that regard. I decided to no longer use it because I didn't want to deal with the cover drying process, especially during the winter and cold temperatures. At the time I was looking for covers, I didn't see any that were totally water repellent while letting moisture underneath evaporate. There might be different fabric technology now because I got this cover back in 2016. Let me know if you need further information.
Thanks for the additional info Tony. What did the drying out process entail?

Also, after my last post, I went to bed thinking "waterproof and breathable? Okay, I'm nuts." LoL

Since I would be using an outdoor cover probably less than once a year (if at all in a year), I'm not terribly interested in paying full price for one, so yours remains of interest to me. For the sake of due diligence though, lemme do some poking online to learn if there are fully breathable and yet waterproof covers out there. I'm mostly just curious now.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
6,585 Posts
Thanks for the additional info Tony. What did the drying out process entail?

Also, after my last post, I went to bed thinking "waterproof and breathable? Okay, I'm nuts." LoL

Since I would be using an outdoor cover probably less than once a year (if at all in a year), I'm not terribly interested in paying full price for one, so yours remains of interest to me. For the sake of due diligence though, lemme do some poking online to learn if there are fully breathable and yet waterproof covers out there. I'm mostly just curious now.

Thanks!
To dry, just left it outside and the wind/air ciruclation did its thing. It was totally dry after 4-5 hours (could be faster if it was hotter, I think). I am curious about what you find because it's quite possible the fabrics have evolved quite a bit. No one else has asked to buy, so you have time. I'd even adjust the price to $100 for it to be moved :)

Reactions: DrBlank
1 - 13 of 13 Posts