Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this subject abounds on other threads, but using the search I found some of them to be dated and thought I might bump or re-ask the question.

Any recommendations for tuners for the '08 Bullitt? I would certainly want to keep the functionality of the 'dual tune' software, but a little more throttle response would be great. Pricing? Thoughts? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Also do not forget about Justin at VMP Tuning. I have used Justin and Brent at Brenspeed for my 05, with outstanding results....

Oh, and on the throttle response issue, welcome to drive by wire. However, also do not forget to do the gas pedal recalibration trick as well. I re-calibrate mine in the 05 every time I re-load the aftermarket tune. Finally did it on Saturday to Karen's Bullitt, and it did in fact make a response difference....

Some folks don't buy it, but you be the judge......

Mike and Karen

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Mike and Karen:

Thanks for the advice. I can't find the pedal recalibration procedure using the search function. Can you give me the steps or the link? I'd love to try it. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
NickChildress said:
Hi Mike and Karen:

Thanks for the advice. I can't find the pedal recalibration procedure using the search function. Can you give me the steps or the link? I'd love to try it. Thanks.
Nick,
Sure, no problem. I sometimes forget which forum is which...LOL...Anyway.....

1. Sit in drivers seat, turn off radio, and turn ignition key to start, but do not start the engine.

2. Let as many of the dash warning lights as possible go out. Some will stay lit.

3. Slowly depress the accelerator pedal in a fluid motion to the floor. This needs to be done in approx. 5 seconds. Release the accelerator in the same fluid motion, also within 5 seconds. Note** if you do this where it is real quiet, you will be able to hear the servo type motor run when you depress the pedal.

4. Turn key off.

5. Start and drive as normal......

Mike

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, Mike. I did it and I heard the servo motor. Just hope I did it right...basically smoothly floored it and smoothly let off. Can't say it took nearly a whole 10 seconds, though. I'll let you know how it runs later. Raining here today and this car stays in a carpeted garage unless the weather is perfect. If not, I rub it with a diaper. Thanks again.

--Ferris Buehler

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Hey Dave,
It's all about throttle lag on fly by wire vehicles. There is not necessarily anything wrong with the stock calibration, but, the responsiveness of the throttle, due to fly by wire, leaves something to be desired. If you have ever driven a GT with an aftermarket tune, you will notice it immediately. The tuners can tune out most, if not all, the throttle lag.

Having done the recalibration to Karen's Bullitt this past weekend, I did in fact notice a response difference. Before, it seemed as though you had to exert substancial pressure on the throttle, to get into power. Now, it takes much less throttle to accomplish....

Give it a try. It will not hurt anything. Remember, these darn cars are smart, and learn driving habits......

Mike

·
Registered
969 Posts
mike,
thanks for the tip. i'll give this one a shot tomorrow. i have noticed that my throttle has acquired a little travel before accelerating here lately. come to think of it though, this was only after i drove terry's modded bullitt. maybe i should go drive that stock gt again to get things back in to perspective.:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Dave and Julie said:
I guess I must be missing something. I don't notice anything wrong with the stock calibration.
I don't either. Ford stated they greatly improved throttle response, and to me the throttle response is the same as for any cable or linkage throttle car I've driven.
The Marauder is not throttle by wire.

I suppose though that throttle response can be made faster, and from some reports it sounds to me that it can be made too sensitive.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
NickChildress said:
........ I would certainly want to keep the functionality of the 'dual tune' software, but a little more throttle response would be great.
Any tuner will likely tell you they have a tune for the Bullitt. Their software from SCT (and recently Diablo) provides a 'Bullitt' tune to them that they can use or modify. This will be a file that will work with the Bullitt, but won't necessarily be a ford tune.
So far I have not heard of one that will maintain the dual octane strategy.

Contact Lidio above.

A tuner might be able to make modifications directly to the computer to change throttle response without disturbing the rest of the stock tune, the same way they can adjust for rear ratio, tire size etc. I have seen no evidence though that they can provide a custom tune yet that maintains the dual octane capability.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.