Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My right front caliper is scratched. Where can I get some touch up paint that matches? And what is the color?

Anyone know the part number to order a new one? I want to have some for the future.

This make me wonder how long Ford will stock parts that are Bullitt Exclusive. (?)

·
Registered
586 Posts
You need to check out Mustangworld or Stangnet and do a search for caliper paint. It's a unique high heat formulation. As far as matching the red....well, who knows. If Ford ever gets around to part numbers, it may become available. It's probably like $20/oz. You may need a link to the manufacturer for assist on this one.

·
Registered
568 Posts
The calipers are factory powder-coated, so I would just leave the scratches for a few years & then take them in & get them coated again. That's my plan at least. Mine look like something's rubbing against them, but the rims look fine. It's a mystery to me.

·
Registered
172 Posts
That is correct.the calipres are powder coated and the running horse logo is then laser cut;this I know because one of mine was solid red w/no running horse!The calipres are available because mine is sitting at the dealer waiting to be put on the car.I wanted to keep the original one that was on the car but Ford wants it back to send to the supplier,they said that if possible they would send it back to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts