Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far I changed the odometer and a/c dash. Looks great because it now matches the special Bullitt retro syle dials which are white and red.

I'm looking to change the Mach 460 head unit to red.

Please, can somebody tell me how to remove the darned thing. Just can't figure it out.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bought red clear plastic sheets at an arts and crafts store.

For the dash odometer, removed the bezel w/lens and slipped a small piece over it.

For the A/C, removed the panel cover and took out the green plastic filter behind it. Then used it as a template to create one with red plastic.

That's it. Real simple.

I still need help with removing my radio please.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Ok.. Can you post some pics of how this looks? I'd be very interested in seeing this mod.
As forthe radio.. While I havent taken the Mach 460 apart I have done so for other radios and some cell phones. There will usually be a lamp on the inside of the radio that will have a colored sleeve over the lamp, or the actual palstic used to move the light around (like fiber optics only more primitive) will have a hue or tint to it that can be changed by coloring the emitting ends with a transparant paint (Glass paint for imitation stained glass panels works well.)
As I said.. this is how I've done it in the past and I've not yet taken a Mach apart to see how it's constructed but this should get you moving in the right direction.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.