Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that we are getting quite popular, would it be possible to break out the Regional Info Forum into further sub-forums? I personally would like to see 50 sub-forums, one for each state, but that would be a lot of work managing such a large sub-group. How about breaking it down into say, Northeast, East Central, Southeast, Mid America, Southwest, Northwest, West Central, etc., sort of like most of the other message boards do......

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
The topics are at the mercy of the folks who create a new topic (which is any registered user). This version of phpBB doesn't provide for subtopics, so although I could create a subtopic for each region, it wouldn't be broken down into smaller topics, ie all the posts would be in "Midwest" or "Central" or whatever. At this point, I am hoping that tghe new version of the BB software comes out soon, but I am not sure that feature will make it in.

Sorry. I'll keep my eye open for a hack, but in the meantime, feel free to generate topics that make sense under regional information, and maybe we all can be a bit more strict with our postings.

Another option is for me to create 4 or 5 regional categories (instead of 1), and then people can create topics by state in that?

If you can drum up support for this on the board, I will go at it.

B-man

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Nevermind. :smile: I think this makes more sense the more I look at it. I like your idea.

I created the main section, I will try to get the regions in as forums tonight or early tomorrow.

B-man

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
i like what you did mike!
nice job, thanks!
ps: it just occurred to me that you might as well set one up just for Texas Bullittheads. there are way more of them than any other state. i don't believe it would offend me or anyone else to NOT get their own state!
2001 Bullitt DHG #648

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystang99 on 2001-08-20 09:22 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love the way you think, Marty! :-B

1 - 5 of 5 Posts