Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our Bullitt arrived with two paint chips and a significant ding on the driver's door. It has been at the body shop for three days being repaired. There is no hint of the ding, but the paint was not very good.
Mike, my hubby, had warned them we expected perfection and would be very critical. We advised them we are not the typical car owners.
Mike was standing next to the front quarter panel, his reflection was clear and smooth as a mirror. I was next to the repainted driver's door, my reflection was wavy, wobbly, fuzzy (No, I hadn't been drinking!). There was a lot of orange peel and dust particles.

REJECT! :mad: :cry:

I was afraid of something like this :mad:
won't have him back until MOnday because I'll be out of town over the weekend.

Bob, I'm on the way to Vegas, passing through Mesquite.

Joyce
"Frank" Bullitt #1004

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-05-23 20:54, Epperstang wrote:
Our Bullitt arrived with two paint chips and a significant ding on the driver's door. It has been at the body shop for three days being repaired. There is no hint of the ding, but the paint was not very good.
Mike, my hubby, had warned them we expected perfection and would be very critical. We advised them we are not the typical car owners.
Mike was standing next to the front quarter panel, his reflection was clear and smooth as a mirror. I was next to the repainted driver's door, my reflection was wavy, wobbly, fuzzy (No, I hadn't been drinking!). There was a lot of orange peel and dust particles.

REJECT! :mad: :cry:

I was afraid of something like this :mad:
won't have him back until MOnday because I'll be out of town over the weekend.

Bob, I'm on the way to Vegas, passing through Mesquite.

Joyce
"Frank" Bullitt #1004
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

This sucks! :sad: I have to get mine shot here soon (for a nick) and I am just as picky and even more worried. :-\

·
Registered
280 Posts
This is exactly why our dealership has contracted with a guy that "touches up" little scratches and imperfections.

The factory paint is the best possible paint out there. Having to grind it down and repaint in a local body shop should always be the last resort. It never seems to come out perfect and over time the paint may fade differently on the repaired section.

Our touch-up guy matches the nick/scratch perfectly, fills it in properly, and clearcoats over his work before he's done. You should check if your dealership has an arrangement like this.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
joyce, sorry you have to go through that crap about the paintjob but don't accept it till it's right!! i know you will miss her while she's in the shop!

mystang99
marty
DHG #648

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystang99 on 2001-05-25 23:46 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-05-25 23:22, Five Oh B wrote:
This is exactly why our dealership has contracted with a guy that "touches up" little scratches and imperfections.

The factory paint is the best possible paint out there. Having to grind it down and repaint in a local body shop should always be the last resort. It never seems to come out perfect and over time the paint may fade differently on the repaired section.

Our touch-up guy matches the nick/scratch perfectly, fills it in properly, and clearcoats over his work before he's done. You should check if your dealership has an arrangement like this.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Five-oh (Brian right?),

Getting the nick done with touch-up the way to go eh? My salesguy (who is great) gave me both options. I assumed that I needed to have it shot to get it to look right, but it sounds like that is a no.

I am waiting for interior pieces to come in so I can bring her back for the nick and the door panels (what was with the guys on the left side? :smile:) I told the guy I "didn't want to see it", so I hope he can use touch up and accomplish this.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Hi Joyce,
It's Jimmy Ray from M&M. I thought you got your car back already?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts