Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sizzlers first appeared in the early 1970's. I had a TON of Sizzlers cars and accessories including the FAT TRACK CONTROL SET. Well, much to my amazement Sizzlers are back...still made by Mattel. Our family visited Target today and I saw the Sizzlers stuff on the rack...needless to say I went nuts and purchased a ton of stuff. What a blast from the past! The graphics on the packaging as well as the designs of the race cars are the same as the Sizzlers from the early 1970's...the copyright dates on all the new Sizzlers stuff is late 1960's/early 1970's. Cool. I still have some of the original Sizzlers accessories but my original race cars are long gone...I used to modify the motors to make them faster which ultimately ended in blown up (fried) motors. LOL

Anyway, I purchased this Sizzlers stuff today. Our children were in total disbelief! :py1:

Attachments

·
3,389 Posts
Used to have all the sizzler stuff as well. Mine all had problems blowing up! Usually when everyone was gone, I'd use small amounts of gasoline and chicken fart fire crackers to make some pretty impressive hollywood style effects.... Unfortunaltely, none of my cars survived...

I may need to check out this new re-release of the sizzlers!

·
Premium Member
18,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TOYS-R-ME! said:
I may need to check out this new re-release of the Sizzlers!
Dude, I'm looking at the FAT TRACK box and they are making the Trans Am cars again...1970 Camaro T/A (pictured in my initial post), 1970 Plymouth Cuda T/A, 1970 Mustang Boss 302 T/A and 1969 Pontiac Firebird T/A. :cool:

·
Premium Member
18,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TOYS-R-ME! said:
I may need to get the cars and Juice Machine again. The Boss I had burned up bad, poor thing!!!
FYI: The Juice Machine is the way to go. I purchased a new Juice Machine and new Goose Pump today and the Goose Pump still sucks just like it did 35 years ago. :lol: For some reason the cars just don't seem to get charged as well on the Goose Pump...probably since it uses 2 "D" cell batteries instead of 4 like the Juice Machine.

·
Premium Member
18,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TOYS-R-ME! said:
...Usually when everyone was gone, I'd use small amounts of gasoline and chicken fart fire crackers to make some pretty impressive hollywood style effects...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
MUST HAVE!

I never had much of the Sizzler stuff when we were kids, but I wanted it! :)

Off to Target I go tomorrow. :-B

·
Premium Member
18,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
B-Man said:
I never had much of the Sizzler stuff when we were kids, but I wanted it!
I bet you were too busy dorking around with Atari. :nerd:

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
How much were they Collin?

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
PY said:
I bet you were too busy dorking around with Atari. :nerd:
No Atari, but I had an Intellivision (better graphics ;-))

I had a TON of regular Hot Wheels cars. My dad and I would have drag racing on Saturday mornings when my Mom went to the grocery. We'd set the dual tracks, with the flag at then end, down the hall in our little ranch house. :)

Each week we'd run through the entire batch... and the heavy Firetruck seems to win more than not. ;-)

·
Premium Member
18,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
B-Man said:
How much were they Collin?
Fat Track set (includes 1 Sizzler & Juice Machine)...$30

Individual Sizzler...$8

Mad Scatter set (includes 1 Sizzler, Mouse's Mustache bumper & Goose Pump)...$10

Individual Juice Machine...$8

Race Case (includes 1 Sizzler & holds 1 Juice Machine)...$15

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Cheap! :)

·
Premium Member
18,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
B-Man said:
No doubt! :cool:

I'm looking for a 4' x 10' piece of shag carpeting to complete the Sizzlers Fat Track ensemble. Wonder if shag carpeting is cheap...or available. :nerd:

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
PY said:
No doubt! :cool:

I'm looking for a 4' x 10' piece of shag carpeting to complete the Sizzlers Fat Track ensemble. Wonder if shag carpeting is cheap...or available. :nerd:
LOL. Excellent. Gotta get green, so it looks like "grass" for your track.

·
Premium Member
18,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BTW: If anyone here is thinking about purchasing the Race Case, you can quickly determine which particular car is included by easily removing the paper wrapper and peeking inside. Also, the particular car that is included in the Fat Track set is indicated on the side of the box with a check mark adjacent to a pic of the car. Just a heads up. :smile:

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
PY that is so cool..... BUT

My folks where to poor to by me the electrical cars I had to settle on the Gravity ones..... I also had Johnny Lighting set with a fake flaming loop the cars had to jump though and a drag race set that you pushed on the handle the cars would pull a wheely and take off down to the flag that would drop on the side that was first....

Couple years later my couson who was leaving for marine boot camp gave me his Auora HO race track (with out cars) I added on to it with law mowing money and I still have it and some day I will set it put permitily.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
B-Man said:
No Atari, but I had an Intellivision (better graphics ;-))

I had a TON of regular Hot Wheels cars. My dad and I would have drag racing on Saturday mornings when my Mom went to the grocery. We'd set the dual tracks, with the flag at then end, down the hall in our little ranch house. :)

Each week we'd run through the entire batch... and the heavy Firetruck seems to win more than not. ;-)
Intellivision with B-17 Bomber! It talked....."Bombs Away!"

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Hook 'Em said:
Intellivision with B-17 Bomber! It talked....."Bombs Away!"

My favorite intellivision game EVER. :)

·
Registered
878 Posts
Oh ya I had Sizzlers-I also had a train based on the same ideal but I can't remember the name. Did anyone have the speedometer building-when your HotWheels went through it gave to the speed in (scale) MPH. I can remember my brother and I building long tracks that went down 2 staircases and monster jumps-had to finish with the flag that dropped on the winners side and the parachute that popped out of the track to stop your ride. I can't believe Hot Wheels cost about the same as they did in the 70's .88 to $1.20.

·
Premium Member
18,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Seven Target locations later, I was able to find all the Sizzler models including all the Trans Am cars...(pictured left to right below) 1970 Mustang Boss 302, 1969 Pontiac Firebird, 1970 Plymouth 'Cuda and 1970 Chevrolet Camaro.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 98 Posts