Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,414 Posts
Jester67 said:
I have just completed setting up these keys and think this is the way Ford should have done the Key for the Mustang. These keys are from the Fusion but will work on 07+ mustangs including the Bullitt. Enjoy.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/fusion/features/
Photo of key on left hand side.
My wifes Mercedes has the all-in-one, I do like the idea.

I wonder if it will work on my 07 SportTrac???

·
Registered
61 Posts
Jester67 said:
I have just completed setting up these keys and think this is the way Ford should have done the Key for the Mustang...
What do you mean by "setting up these keys"? Is there a place to buy these types of keys and have them programed for the car? Any info is appreciated.

I would really like to get rid of my keychain dongle and replace it with this type of key.

·
Premium Member
7,414 Posts
Found this info StangNet:

Here's the instructions. I just recently did this for my '07 when I purchased a Fusion key and it worked perfectly. I put each key in, counted 1 1000 and pulled it out.

If you want to add a key....

**You must have two original keys to perform this procedure. If you only have one key, you WILL have to take it to the dealer to get it programmed**

1. Insert and existing (working) key into the ignition cylinder.

2. Turn the ignition cylinder ON (RUN) and back to OFF. Ignition should stay on for at least ONE SECOND.

3. Remove the existing key and, within TEN seconds, insert a second working key and turn it to ON (RUN) and the back OFF. Ignition must be in ON for at least ONE second, but no more than TEN seconds. Remove the key.

4. Insert the new key before TWENTY seconds have elapsed and turn it to ON (RUN). Leave it the ON position for at least ONE second and turn back to OFF.

5. The security light will light up for THREE seconds to indicate that the new key has been successfully programmed.

6. To program additional keys, repeat steps 1 through 5

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the key blank on Ebay. And got it cut at a local dealer but this is a non security key so Lowes or Home Depot can cut it. Follow the instructions in the owners manual and you are of and running. I got all the information I needed from Stangnet but they are going through an upgrade now and are down. I will post some links when they are back up. I got 2 keys for $71+ shipping.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Jester67 said:
I got the key blank on Ebay. And got it cut at a local dealer but this is a non security key so Lowes or Home Depot can cut it. Follow the instructions in the owners manual and you are of and running. I got all the information I needed from Stangnet but they are going through an upgrade now and are down. I will post some links when they are back up. I got 2 keys for $71+ shipping.
I've seen these key/remotes on eBay and they do go for a good price.

It still has to be a PATS key though or it won't work, so in essence it is a 'security' key. Lowe's 'sensor' just probably didn't detect it.

Any key cutter can cut them, they just can't programme them for you.
I've been through this with Lowe's their concern is mostly that they don't sell PATS keys, PATS keys are more expensive and if you bring one in to be cut they don't want to be responsible for making a mistake cutting an expensive key, plus there is a misconception that someone could use it to steal a car.
Them cutting an PATS key will not hurt the chip at all.

I've talked Lowe's into cutting my provided PATS keys a few times, but you sometimes have to go through a few people.

I still kind of like the key and remote separate though.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Jester67 said:
When I say non-security key I am talking about the funkie keys like for BMW and others that do not look like normal keys.
ah yes.

Lowe's and similar stores still have a problem cutting PATS keys too. It's silly of them, but as I said you can get around it.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
I would take it to a LockSmith. Around here they cut a key for about $3.00 per key. And they aren't your Lowe's trained as you go wienie.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
DavidMidgley said:
I would take it to a LockSmith. Around here they cut a key for about $3.00 per key. And they aren't your Lowe's trained as you go wienie.
I think Lowe's has gone the same way as Wal-Mart, and use the Idiot-Proof "Axxess" key machines now. With the old Cole machines, you actually had to have half a brain to operate it, or you might lose a finger.........

·
Registered
745 Posts
Great info--thanks for posting.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Just to confirm, these keys will work with the "Securilock" system? I noticed my keys have a little "S" stamped on the shaft. I was wondering if the "S" is an indicator of anything and if your Fusion key has that as well.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.