Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, well I really need to remove the plastic dealership badge from my rear. It's held on with double sided tape. Any suggestions how to get the tape off?:confused:

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Present a bill for $30 a month for advertising them on your car.

They'll probably offer to remove it for you.

Or think you are a smart a**

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
A heat gun did the trick for me. Get it good and warm and it should peel off just be careful with excess heat on your paint. A hair drier may be safer, if a bit slower. After you have removed as much stickum as you can with heat and your fingernail, use some Desolvit or Goo Gone to remove the residue. Finish with a coat of wax.

Dave

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Heat gun carefully and clean up the residue with acrysol. Worked great for me, you will never know it was there.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I would take it right back to the dealer and make them remove it. I would never allow advertising like that on my Bullitt or ANY car I own for that matter...

just my .02

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
FCMCBULLITT said:
Present a bill for $30 a month for advertising them on your car.

They'll probably offer to remove it for you.

Or think you are a smart a**
:lol: I always use that one since I hate the dealer decal. My dealer knew what the Bullitt was all about and respected it enough not to put a decal on it in the first place.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
ecorse66 said:
A heat gun did the trick for me. Get it good and warm and it should peel off just be careful with excess heat on your paint. A hair drier may be safer, if a bit slower. After you have removed as much stickum as you can with heat and your fingernail, use some Desolvit or Goo Gone to remove the residue. Finish with a coat of wax.

Dave

This is the best approach .................

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
When I bought my Bullitt, I had the dealership remove it. I figured, if they bugger up the paint job, they can repaint it.

·
Registered
241 Posts
A-Hole stealerships and their stickers. I have always threatened the dealer quite loudly, "If you put one of those damn stickers on my car, you can just keep it" .

I refused to take posession on a 94 T-Bird because they had put a sticker on it, even after I told them not to. They quickly removed it when they realized I wasn't joking. If they want to pay me for monthly advertising or give me a special advertizer discount, I'll consider it.

·
Registered
934 Posts
BB2008 said:
:lol: I always use that one since I hate the dealer decal. My dealer knew what the Bullitt was all about and respected it enough not to put a decal on it in the first place.
+1 - Suprisingly mine didn't put one either - but he was very fond of the Bullitt.

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
39,301 Posts
Drink entire fifth of Jack Daniels. Select designated driver. Grab shotgun from closet. Go to dealer. Tell them, "You people have a lot of GD nerve putting crap like this on a Bullitt! What do you intend to do about it?"

Go to waiting area and enjoy complementary coffee for 20 minutes. Ride home. Sticker free... :lol:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Rockola said:
Zippo fluid
That worked for me when I was debadging. A plastic putty knife from the paint aisle helps removal and won't scratch the finish. No lighter fluid around? Goo Gone works, but I think lighter fluid works better. Use a paper towel under the decal to minimize fluid drips. Q-tip dabs if you're apprehensive, but it's easy and painless.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I must be the only one that buys from a dealer they like. Mine still has the decal on and it will most likely stay as it isn't offensive looking. It is funny with old cars if you still have the original dealership badge it is an awesome deal.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I bought mine through the military Exchange New Car Sales, my Bullitt was sent to the dealership in Encinitas, CA. for delivery to me. I had been bugging them so much for a couple of weeks about my car they finally traced where it was and called me when it had arrived at the rail delivery station in LA. I got to the dealership before my car arrived, so I had to wait a couple of hours for to come in and for them to clean and prep. They never had time to put a dealer sticker on it!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts