Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to remove the GT emblems from my front fenders. Any ideas on how they are attatched? I read another thread that talked about WD-40 for decals, think this could work with the emblems as well?

Let me know what you think.

Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
they are usally held on with 3M double sided tape stuff.

i have tought about taken the GT off the sided and getting some two more of the trunk decals and puttting that on the sides.

AND/OR i am looking for some decal that says "stang " i have saw one at the 27th Mid American Shelly show but i couldnt find the owenr to find out where they go them from.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Actually I think the safest bet before you go spraying ANYTHING, especially any kind of solvent on your car, would be to take a heat gun or a hair dryer and heat up the badge to see if that would loosen up the adhesive enough to peel it off. Another thing I question about removing those badges is whether or not there is a plug behind those. Ask someone in the dealership body shop about this. I only caution because I tried removing the 4.6 Mustang badges off the side of my 97 GT. They came off fine with the heat gun but the problem was that there was an alignment plug and a hole in the fender. Good luck and let us know how it works out.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Unless Ford has retooled those fenders you will find a small alignment hole behind each emblem. I had a 1999 GT Convertible that got crunched and I saw the hole in the fender that was replaced.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
yes, i too have heard that there are holes in each fender for the emblems

·
Registered
144 Posts
If you want to get fancy, I think the Ford "Police Interceptor" badge would look great on the fenders. I think Lt. Frank would have approved.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was not thinking about removing the "GT" emblems, but getting them painted the same color as the car. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
What does the Intercepter badge look like? Where can it be gotten? Are there any holes under the Ford badge in the back?

Bullitt #2759 Dark Highland Green
Mods: K&N, $7.00 Dryer Duct Ram Air, Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
AMC AMX #7831 Hunter Green Metallic
Mods: None/stock

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Y2K16T8 on 2001-07-31 12:27 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
hey bob, got a pic to post of the interceptor badge?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I can verify that there are holes in the fender. If you do decide to take off the GT and replace it w/ something, the easiest way is a blow dryer to heat up the glue, and some dental floss to work the emblem off.

I asked around some of the forums about replacing the GT w/ the v6 running horse and most people said no. I only bring it up again because that's what it looks like Ford used on the Mach1 prototype.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I think the Interceptor badge would look cool either above or below the Bullitt letters. I've been thinking about doing that, too. I guess it can always be removed if it doesn't look good! I mentioned it to some of my police friends and they said it would look cool!

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WOW!!!

Sounds like a heat gun will do the trick, but also sounds like there is a hole behind each of them.

I wasn't planning to replace them at all. I have a Black Bullitt and planned on removing the side emblems, installing headlight blackouts, tinting the windows, and having the grey part of my rims done in a gloss black.

The wheel idea I got from some one's post the other day and I thought it was awsome.

Anyway I'll have to rethink the emlem thing. Maybe Raptor's idea of painting them to match the car would be best.

Thanks again everyone.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey 1NastyFordGT & bullitt0093,

I beat you Bullitheads to it. Within the first 2 weeks of getting my black beauty got-
1) police interceptor decals for rear quarter windows.
2) police interceptor emblem (mounted below license plate).
3) police interceptor valve stem caps.
My cousin thought I "acquired a mysterious black stealth trooper pursuit vehicle".
The stuff looks really pro (IMHO). Can submit some pics tonight if you'll want to see what the stuff looks like mounted.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the interest in our Police-related products. If there is anything else product-related that you'd like to see, let us know...

As for the potential for the valve stem caps to be stolen, I used to tighten them on with a small wrench that I kept in the console. This worked great...

Performance Parts, Inc.
13120 Lazy Glen Court
Oak Hill, VA 20171

703 742-6207

http://www.mustangparts.com

I fixed your link for you. :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-07-31 23:12 ]</font>

·
Registered
124 Posts
COOL!!!!!!

However, I put a "444" just above the bullitt badge and one the front bumper

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey 1NastyFordGT:
Well I do have pics BUT our Webmaster has asked us to keep images to about 100k These images total ~meg.BTW,all the "police interceptor" stuff came from Performance Parts Inc...super nice people.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hey, will anyone get ticked at the ole CatSmasher for impersonating a police officer or anything? I don't know if I would do it, but is that a problem?

By the way, I like the idea of the V6 running horse instead of the GT emblem. It is more retro (matches my 67) and will cause unsuspecting dorks to mess with me at lights thinking I am a V6. When they do ... BAM ... they get a Bullitt up the wazoo! Is there anything preventing us from using the v6 horse?

The CatSmasher

·
Registered
124 Posts
Dallas mustang sells the mustang emblem like on the V6 model that has the v and 390 under it. Like on the Real Bullitt.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey 1NastyFordGT:

Thanks for the offer.
I've sent you mail 3 times but your mail server allows a max of 1.5 megs ...hmmmm,
have to work something else out. I sent 2 files, one 700k and the other 800k but
your mail server sees this as 1.5 megs each....oh well...so I've sent you a image that you should find interesting, especially around area51....

Thanks again,
Dr.Bullitt

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
DrBullitt... Shoot me an e-mail and I'll set you up a quick FTP and give you directions on how to get the images to me. And I can put them up for you after that.

[email protected]

2001 DHG Bullitt #171

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blakwing on 2001-08-01 20:04 ]</font>

1 - 20 of 23 Posts