Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone done this? I want to but cant figure how to get the grill peice out, I know cobras dont have it, Im thinking about removing the horse too if it looks ok, Oh, I try to turn what looks like the screws and they just turn, I dont want to mangle them cause I want to be able to put it back to stock, any help? Also if I remove the piece on the hood scoop, do you think the wind will pull it off? probably not.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I personally would NOT remove the honeycomb from your hood scoop as it will create a large air pocket with no place for the air to travel. Almost like opening a parachute to help slow you down. Exaggerated, but you get my drift. Now, if you opened up your hood to make it functional, that would be a different story. I wish Ford would have done that in the first place.

·
Registered
509 Posts
If you open up your scoop to let air inside the engine compartment; you will have to fabricate a tray or channel to capture the water you will get in there from rain, snow, car washes, etc. It probably won't be worth it and you might be just as well to leave it alone!

·
Registered
132 Posts
A guy I know removed the honeycomb from his scoop and, shortly thereafter, the scoop split down the middle from the air getting packed in there at highway speeds.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
You can remove the scoop honeycomb, but I would put something else in it's place. Best bet is to pull the hood scoop to do this. You need to pull the pad under the hood so that you can get to the scoop.

Take care.

Bud

·
Registered
437 Posts
Yup, nothing like the functional hood scoops of the T/A Ram Air!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts