Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
I've had #3973 since new. We've been through a lot... college, new career, several apratments, finally the house and garage it deserves, 4 serious girlfriends, 10+ other girls, a wife, a couple of pets... and more. The car has changed to keep up with me, I've pulled the engine, rebuilt it myself once (because I blew it up). Blew it up again 25,000 miles later, and now have it all built just the way I want making the kind of power I always dreamed about as a teenager reading every mustang magazine I could find.

This car is a part of me, I love the heritage of the car and the history I have with the car. I don't know that anyone could make me 'an offer I couldn't refuse' for #3973.

And its a big plus that it still gets people's interest. Mustang guys, old guys at the gas station, kids in the neighborhood, new car owners at meets, a lot of people appreciate this car. Even people with much more expensive toys: Shelby's, Vetts, etc. still apprecaite the Bullitt (usually).

The Bullitt is a special car, with real personality, as much of an old friend as a machine could be. You can't put a price on that.

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Great stories guys...keep 'em coming! I just love to hear about the passion everyone has for their Bullitt. What a car!

This is a good thread to read for the 08.5 Bullitt owners...save your paperwork, take good care of your car, attend events and don't EVER sell your Bullitt unless you have to. Don't be "that guy" who say's "I wish i would have never sold her!"

Passion: A strong or extravagant fondness, enthusiasm, or desire a person has for a Bullitt

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
It's been 2 and a half years since I last responded to this thread. I don't have to drive the Bullitt everyday, so that's kind of bittersweet. But when I do drive her, it still makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up!

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
BigBullitt said:
It's been 2 and a half years since I last responded to this thread. I don't have to drive the Bullitt everyday, so that's kind of bittersweet. But when I do drive her, it still makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up!
Me to! I don't drive it much at all, but when I do it's a kick in the ***

·
Registered
822 Posts
After two years of sitting in the garage I started driving my bullitt again. My wife took over the jag which meant I must start looking for a new car (I'll probably get an XJR). However, in the mean time, I'll drive the mustang. The car only has 23,000 miles on it. It will be a shame to put more miles on it, but it is a fun car to drive, even after all these years.

I just wish it didn't take premium and get only 16 mpg.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Missing mine

I bought #5023 new back in October of 01 and sold it four years later. Today I'm still missing it, so maybe someday the current owner will let me buy it back!

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Best

I had the pleasure of being presented a first place tropy at a Norcal SAAC Open Track weekend, by Rick Titus, (Jerry's Son)and when he gave it to me he said, "It's the best Mustang that the factory ever built, Keep It"! We spoke later about the attributes and I could barely fit through the doorway of the banquet room, because my head was so big. (I figured he knew what he was talking about as he worked on its development).
I love my Bullitt!

Keep the pedal down!!
.45 Caliber

·
Banned
11,692 Posts
Steve I Dont Need To Read Your Notes, Im 72 And I Got Bullitt Fever Bad.i Will Read Another Time But When I Saw Your Post I Could Wait To Let My Fellings Be Known.ha I Got A 540 Bmw Sport That Is An Auwsome Car,up For Sale Because Of 5224.i Would Like To Have Another Bullitt For A Spare.
Forever My Buillitt
Bobnixon

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Very well said. I've heard so many people say, "I had a (really cool car) and I wish I never sold it." Obviously, the left brain prevailed. My left brain rules enough. I really hope I can keep the passion alive, and drive DHG 1835 till i'm old and gray.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I hardly ever post any more, but this is a topic I can relate to!

#3401 was bought used (it only had 704 miles on it) and it's been my daily driver ever since.

I used to have a '67 fastback, which was a somewhat-Bullitt replica that I put together in the late 80's-early 90's. It was Dark Moss Green. (A '67 color) It was lowered and had 4 wheel disc brakes, along with American racing wheels.

When Ford comes along and builds a modern-day version of what you've built from a vintage Mustang, you just can't walk away from that!

It has 70,000 miles now and it's showing it's age, but it's a fine car that has never left me sitting on the side of the road. It still gets looks!

My goal is to drive it at least 15 years before I consider replacing it. My previous daily driver was an '86 Ranger that lasted 200,000 and 13 years...I think the Bullitt is up to the challenge.

·
Premium Member
6,276 Posts
YESSSS!
I have survived the release of the S197 Mustang back in 05, the new Challenger, the new Camaro and the 2010 Mustang.

The passion still lives for the original Bullitt! Nothing else comes close. We still have the lowest weight, the sleekest lines and the most unique engine compartment of all.

Ain't nut'n like an 01 Bullitt!

·
Premium Member
6,276 Posts
Scott D said:
I hardly ever post any more, but this is a topic I can relate to!

#3401 was bought used (it only had 704 miles on it) and it's been my daily driver ever since.

I used to have a '67 fastback, which was a somewhat-Bullitt replica that I put together in the late 80's-early 90's. It was Dark Moss Green. (A '67 color) It was lowered and had 4 wheel disc brakes, along with American racing wheels.

When Ford comes along and builds a modern-day version of what you've built from a vintage Mustang, you just can't walk away from that!

It has 70,000 miles now and it's showing it's age, but it's a fine car that has never left me sitting on the side of the road. It still gets looks!

My goal is to drive it at least 15 years before I consider replacing it. My previous daily driver was an '86 Ranger that lasted 200,000 and 13 years...I think the Bullitt is up to the challenge.
BULLITTS FOREVER!!!

·
Registered
580 Posts
When I bought my Bullitt , she had 104,000km on her.. Now almost 5 years later she's pushing 168,000km..Still runs like a gem, and I take extremely good care of her.. She as well is starting to show her age,( mostly in the paint ) since she's a dailey driver.. I still love getting into her everyday and taking her to work and back.. Hopefully this will be the last winter I drive her, so next year I can afford a beater once this is paid off.... However for now I still love the rush and the roar she makes when I put my foot into it.. Especially going under bridges and between buildings in the downtown area..lol...
She has been the BEST car i've ever owned to date... My 2 five liters couldn't hold a candle to my Bullitt!!!!! Also still love getting the thumbs up from other Stang drivers on the road, and vette owners etc..lol..

·
Banned
11,692 Posts
steve i have posted here some time back.sence then i have sold the bmw 540 sport.i have also stated this on other threads,i am 73 owned 46 new cars & suvs of which inc. some fine and fast machines,but 5224 is more fun to drive and gets more att. than any of the others.mustangs just never got my att.to many stripes and sporlers
for me.i could not ask for more in a car for me than 5224.BULLITT CRAZY.
LET ME SAY, MAY BE 73 BUT I DRIVE JUDE (THATS HER NAME)REAL GOOD.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Maybe said:
My Dad had a 71 Cuda 383 4-speed, ive heard sooo many times how he wishes that he never sold that car. I get that feeling, every once ina while to sell her, mainly when she is sitting covered in the garage. Then I start her up and let her run rev her a little and I'm like, yea, she goin nowhere! So I decide when something new is out with more power and newer, I add another mod and now my Bullitt is newer and more powerful than before! :dhg01:

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
01Bullitt206 said:
My Dad had a 71 Cuda 383 4-speed, ive heard sooo many times how he wishes that he never sold that car. I get that feeling, every once ina while to sell her, mainly when she is sitting covered in the garage. Then I start her up and let her run rev her a little and I'm like, yea, she goin nowhere! So I decide when something new is out with more power and newer, I add another mod and now my Bullitt is newer and more powerful than before! :dhg01:

I still hear my dad's voice regarding his ride back in the day...I just know if I sold the Bullitt, I'd be saying the same thing, a few years down the road.

Hearing my Dad's words is just one of the many reasons why I still have 4930!!! Thanks Dad! :clap2:

·
Registered
12 Posts
So so true, im glad im not the only one that peeks a look in the evening. Well said.

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

41 - 60 of 94 Posts