Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Every once in a while before Mrs. gets home from work, I have to pop in the DVD.
Then head out to the garage with a grin. :grin:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am a new owner as well. Have had mine for 4 months and love it. Like some of you I sold my baby back in 1984. It was a firetruck red 63 split window Corvette. I had balanced and blueprinted the fuelie motor and it had a z28 hi rise intake with 780 holly, cam (50/50 cam ) 3" custom exhaust and headers, muncie rock crusher trans, and a factory 411 gear. I let her go to buy baby furniture for my first born! I have regretted it since. Hold on to your Bullitt, I am going to!

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Look how many people on this thread have come and gone, all the while waxing how they love their Bullitts and will NEVER let them go. Funny and sad at the same time.

·
Quest for single digits
12,030 Posts
BigBullitt said:
Look how many people on this thread have come and gone, all the while waxing how they love their Bullitts and will NEVER let them go. Funny and sad at the same time.
Still sticking to my guns David. Not only still have 1521, added 4959 and always looking to add another.......

It's a Bullitt thing

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Very happy to say that I still have 4930! Going on 11 years now...48,000 miles, stock. No plans to sell and I hope I'm still driving her 20 years from now!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I love this thread. In August 2001, I bought my Bullitt. I drove it every day (except winters) for 2 years and loved it. In 2003, my business started doing deliveries, so I purchased a WRX wagon. I put the Bullitt in storage for the next 9 years. During that time, I considered selling it, since I wasn't using it. The main reason I didn't sell it was because it was a pretty low number (43), so I decided to keep it. Thank goodness I kept it. This year, I built a building on my property so I could have easy access to the Bullitt. I just recently started driving it again. It is like finding a long lost friend. I am so comfortable in that car. It feels so right. It feels like the car was tailor made specifically for me. I have received so many compliments, from young and old alike. Many more than I received in 2001 or 2002. It is amazing!
Another reason I did not sell it was because of all the memories I had in the car. I remember one morning, shortly after purchasing the car, I woke up late for work. I hurriedly got dressed and ran out of the house without turning the TV on. I jumped in the Bullitt and started driving. I turned on the radio to a hard rock station that always played music and never had news on. However, that day they had news on. That is how I learned about the horrible events that were occurring that day, September 11, 2001. Every time I drive my car, it brings me back to that day and all the emotions I was experiencing while I was driving to work that day. One day, I will be able to tell my children and grandchildren that I was in the driver's seat of that car when I learned of 9/11. That kind of history is priceless to me.
As for future value, I have a favorite saying: collect what you like, if it goes up, great! If not, you still have what you like. So I will not be disappointed either way.
I am sorry this post is so long, but this thread really struck a chord with me. Thank you for your indulgence.

Brad

·
Banned
11,692 Posts
5224 Be 4 Yrs With Old Bobby,come June 15th.way More Excited Now Than Thu Day She Come Home Withme.green,black ,or Blue They All Beatiful.

·
Premium Member
6,276 Posts
bullittm3 said:
I love this thread. In August 2001, I bought my Bullitt. I drove it every day (except winters) for 2 years and loved it. In 2003, my business started doing deliveries, so I purchased a WRX wagon. I put the Bullitt in storage for the next 9 years. During that time, I considered selling it, since I wasn't using it. The main reason I didn't sell it was because it was a pretty low number (43), so I decided to keep it. Thank goodness I kept it. This year, I built a building on my property so I could have easy access to the Bullitt. I just recently started driving it again. It is like finding a long lost friend. I am so comfortable in that car. It feels so right. It feels like the car was tailor made specifically for me. I have received so many compliments, from young and old alike. Many more than I received in 2001 or 2002. It is amazing!
Another reason I did not sell it was because of all the memories I had in the car. I remember one morning, shortly after purchasing the car, I woke up late for work. I hurriedly got dressed and ran out of the house without turning the TV on. I jumped in the Bullitt and started driving. I turned on the radio to a hard rock station that always played music and never had news on. However, that day they had news on. That is how I learned about the horrible events that were occurring that day, September 11, 2001. Every time I drive my car, it brings me back to that day and all the emotions I was experiencing while I was driving to work that day. One day, I will be able to tell my children and grandchildren that I was in the driver's seat of that car when I learned of 9/11. That kind of history is priceless to me.
As for future value, I have a favorite saying: collect what you like, if it goes up, great! If not, you still have what you like. So I will not be disappointed either way.
I am sorry this post is so long, but this thread really struck a chord with me. Thank you for your indulgence.

Brad

Hi Brad,
Goooood post by a REEEEEEAL Bullitthead!

·
Premium Member
13,816 Posts
An interesting history with your Bullitt. It is great that you still have it and enjoy it.
Don't worry about being long winded. A vast majority of the Bullittheads are, so you will blend right in. :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
bullittm3 said:

Brad
Awesome post Brad! Love stories like these.

I had mine out the other day to get the oil changed a the Ford Dealership. 3 mechanics walked up to me and asked all about the Bullitt. Had a fun chat. After the oil was changed a few more came over and asked if I could do a burn-out for 'em. So, I lit 'em up just outside the Quick Lane for several mechanics as I left. Rear view mirror confirmed that they all had a big grins on their face just past the smoke... lol

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
:D COOL!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,983 Posts
Great post Brad, don't worry about being long winded, we won, and we get to enjoy the Freedom of owning and driving a BULLITT! I will never sell mine!

·
Banned
11,692 Posts
Well I Get To Put Bout 150 Mi.on 5224 Today,burn Some That Good Shell V-power.she Was 4 Yrs Old June 15th.more Excited Now Than Thu Day I Brought Her Home.yes Sir Re Bob.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I bought TB 2781 in July of '01 after seeing the Bullitt for the first time at Mid-America Ford & Shelby meet in Tulsa. They had a DHG there and I was hooked. I had graduated college two years earlier and had never bought a new car so I was ready to drop some money. I didn't care what it cost one bit, I was getting one. I originally thought about getting a black one because I've always liked black vehicles. But was persuaded by my brothers and dad to get a blue one. I'm glad I did; man do I love the True Blue. My opinion, it's the best color vehicle out there. And I love the metallic flake. I love the DHG too, but I knew everyone would be getting it so I wanted to be different. Anyways, it was my DD for about 10 months before I started feeling really guilty about the miles and I put it in the garage and started driving my college beater, the "Red Rocket" aka a Chevy Beretta. I'm a Ford guy through-and-through but for a college kid the Beretta was a good car. So I quit driving the Bullitt for the most part. I broke it out for Mid-America once a year and in emergency situations over the years when other cars broke down, accidents, whatever. She now has 42k miles on her and I still love her 11 years later.

This summer I had the opportunity to buy a DHG with ghost flames off Brad down here in Tulsa, OK. I've admired his ghost flame Bullitt for ohhhhhh 3-4 years every time I saw it at Mid-America. I've talked to him about it every year but never thought I'd have an opportunity to buy it. Well, after the event this year I see the Bullitt for sale on CL for what I think is a very modest price. But since I already own a Bullitt and my wife wanted/needed a new car, I don't even think much about it other than "that won't last long on CL". Well, two weeks later, the beauty is still for sale and he's actually lowered the price a little. It's at this point that I start to think there may be a small shot for me. So I prepare to make my sales pitch to the wifey thinking deep down "there's no chance in hell". I pull up the ad and show it to my wife saying "I'll buy you this" which really means "Can I buy another impractical garage queen?" What does she say, you ask? "Sure babe, I know how much you love Mustangs." I was floored. Approximately 5 days later I had me another Bullitt and a grin bigger than you can imagine.

Four months later and my now prego wife still doesn't have her new car. She drives my old DD ('04 F-150) while I drive the TB Bullitt as my DD. This is only temporary as both Bullitts really belong in the garage and I intend to put them there. I've considered selling the blue one, to which my wife has said "You're crazy and you'll regret it." She's absolutely right and who am I to argue with the woman! All I can say is I'm very fortunate to have a woman that understands my passion for Mustangs, and more specifically, my Bullitts. I love her to death. If any of you guys have an equally understanding spouse, be sure to tell them how much you appreciate them! Also, I need to thank Brad for selling his pony. But considering he has 4 others, I don't feel too bad! Nonethelesss, it's been an awesome experience.

Ryan

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Great story Ryan, thanks for sharing.

I know the DHG Bullitt w/ghost flames well. Before Brad owned it, Brian in California owned it...that is one beautiful car. And that Kenne Bell Supercharger is just awesome. Brad's a great guy and I know he loved that Bullitt as well. Post a pic of both of your Bullitt's when you get a chance.

·
Registered
40 Posts
A little of my Mustang history. I've had 17 Foxbodys in the last 10 years and (5) SN/95's to include my always missed 1996 Mystic Cobra. Until recently our family had a short recession... lol ! Figured why not be like the rest of the country (WTF) but not by choice. So basically I was Horseless since the fall of 2012... Anyway, I always loved the BULLIT and was going to buy one after my 1st deployment (OEF) after 9/11 but an Angel appeared. Our son was born in December of 2001 so the New Bullit was on hold. I still had my 1990 Triple Black GT vert so not all was lost. Back to present day... A little extra $ in my pocket and the wife agreed. I suffered long enough and found #3129 in Highland Green. So to keep the dream alive its what I wanted... To keep the dream alive... It will be for my son someday after college. Love Tradition

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
As I read this Kaylan- Today and thinking of selling mine (totally OE). I know I sure would miss it, but I wish for something older to be more nostalgic (Older) at my age. I may be sorry, but I think I may move on or not????????????????? Help!:indiffer:

61 - 80 of 94 Posts