Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
As I read this Kaylan- Today and thinking of selling mine (totally OE). I know I sure would miss it, but I wish for something older to be more nostalgic (Older) at my age. I may be sorry, but I think I may move on or not????????????????? Help!:indiffer:
Ron, you can wax nostalgic if you want to, but I took a pass on that years ago.

Heck, I am no different than (most) anyone, and like some of the things (cars included) from my past to occupy the driveway. But when I am honest with myself, I wouldn't be very happy with another 62 Fairlane, or maybe even one of the first Mustangs. Let alone one of my teenage years, "dream cars". Too much upkeep involved. I don't want to deal with mechanical issues, and obsolete parts. There is no fun in that! No sir! I want to drive the thing! When I drive it, I want it to move smartly, stop efficiently and keep me happily moving down the road at a reasonable pace. That's what it's all about.

Of course if you like to fiddle with things mechanical, and put aside reliability, driveability, and safety....well enjoy.:wink:

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Ron, you can wax nostalgic if you want to, but I took a pass on that years ago.

Heck, I am no different than (most) anyone, and like some of the things (cars included) from my past to occupy the driveway. But when I am honest with myself, I wouldn't be very happy with another 62 Fairlane, or maybe even one of the first Mustangs. Let alone one of my teenage years, "dream cars". Too much upkeep involved. I don't want to deal with mechanical issues, and obsolete parts. There is no fun in that! No sir! I want to drive the thing! When I drive it, I want it to move smartly, stop efficiently and keep me happily moving down the road at a reasonable pace. That's what it's all about.

Of course if you like to fiddle with things mechanical, and put aside reliability, driveability, and safety....well enjoy.:wink:
David,
I completely agree! When I think back on the Muscle Cars I've owned, I always think about the good times. The fact is though, there were constant breakdowns, constant fiddling to keep them running right, and they were noisy, hot, and smelly. I would love to be able to drive one from time to time, but for me, I'll stick with the Bullitt. There's nothing like being able to get into a car that you know will start, know it will make it, and it has AC. With the Kenne Bell now, it is the fastest car I have ever owned and the most civilized.
Just my $.02,
Bruce

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Points well taken, when I first bought my BULLITT those were my same thoughts about just driving a very COOL Special Mustang with a somewhat 'Retro' touch and still have modern reliability. After owning it for about 10 years now and after selling my '62 Chevy Impala last year, I have come to the conclusion that if I look hard enough I will find a resto-mod car that is built well enough to be a good driver and also reliable. It won't be easy to find the right car within my budget, but that's the plan. I think it's a done deal, as I mentioned I will miss the Bullitt, and the friends I have found here.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I have not visited for a long time, used to post on and off but life got busier and I didn't do much posting. I still have my Bullitt, it now has 32,000 miles on it but still sits in my garage until car shows and cruising the coast. I've moved onto other cars, recently a Maserati but still enjoy the Bullitt. I've been very happy to see that our original cars have spawned two more editions of the Bullitt. I'm hoping I get to see one in person after the new edition hits the roads. Either way, just wanted to say hi to all.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Greeting Stephen. Glad you are still checking in occasionally. Be sure to keep an eye on the National Events section and watch for a Bullitt Nationals that you can attend. Great place to see all flavors of Bullitts. All years and all colors. They range from showroom stock to highly modified. You need to drive that Bullitt more and that will give you an opportunity.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I find myself taking one of the bikes out to car meets more and more. While I still love my Bullitt, it's just too slow compared to my motorcycles. Can't afford to supercharge it, so there it sits in the garage on the tender.

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Greetings all. I'm rarely on IMBOC, however I do check in from time to time. Happy to report that I still have my '01 Bullitt. It now has just over 59k miles and runs like new.

I was out on a cruise the other day and got a thumbs up from a few other drivers. Pretty cool to seeing this care getting some love 19 years later! Looking forward to next August when I'll celebrate my 20th year with my Bullitt. Hope y'all are loving your Bullitt as much as I love mine.

Attachments

·
Administrator
6,258 Posts
Greetings all. I'm rarely on IMBOC, however I do check in from time to time. Happy to report that I still have my '01 Bullitt. It now has just over 59k miles and runs like new.
Hey, man! Nice car!! :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Does anyone think our 2001 Bullitts will go up in value because they will be 20 years old on 2021?

·
Administrator
6,258 Posts
Does anyone think our 2001 Bullitts will go up in value because they will be 20 years old on 2021?
If you look anecdotally at various sales on auction sites, some 2001 models have had sold higher than before calendar year 2018. The 50th anniversary, along with the new '19, brought a lot of attention to the previous versions. Those higher sales, however, were for very clean stock units with low miles. The higher mileage examples still go for values which have held steady for a number of years. The more modified, the harder it becomes to place a comparable amount. So, in short, the 50th anniversary, in my opinion, did more for 2001 values than being 20 years old in 2021. Being 20 years old is something to celebrate, of course!

If you want to see what Hagerty values these cars, take a look here.

81 - 94 of 94 Posts